Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:24 AM

Default More age old wisdom...

To steal a page from Lorinda's book, or was that Aesop...

Once upon a time there lived an old woman who had a number of hens, ducks, and geese. She used to send her little daughter to the meadow every day to take care of the ducks and geese.

But she had one goose that she never allowed with the others. This one had a little house and yard of its own. It was such a wonderful goose that the old woman was afraid of losing it.

Each day this goose laid a large golden egg. The woman could hardly wait for the new day to come, she was so eager to get the golden egg.

At last she said to herself, "I will kill the goose and get the gold all at once."

But when she had killed the goose she found that it was just like all the other geese.

In her haste to become rich, she had become poor.

Moral: Greed destroys the source of good.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: More age old wisdom...

I just think that she was a little on the slow side. Cloning would have been a better alternative.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think that she was a little on the slow side. Cloning would have been a better alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the goose stopped providing the eggs for over 90 days, then worked out a deal with the little girl to return 25% of each egg she produced for the old lady.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To steal a page from Lorinda's book, or was that Aesop...

Once upon a time there lived an old woman who had a number of hens, ducks, and geese. She used to send her little daughter to the meadow every day to take care of the ducks and geese.

But she had one goose that she never allowed with the others. This one had a little house and yard of its own. It was such a wonderful goose that the old woman was afraid of losing it.

Each day this goose laid a large golden egg. The woman could hardly wait for the new day to come, she was so eager to get the golden egg.

At last she said to herself, "I will kill the goose and get the gold all at once."

But when she had killed the goose she found that it was just like all the other geese.

In her haste to become rich, she had become poor.

Moral: Greed destroys the source of good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This story is retarded. Just a few golden eggs are an enormous amount of wealth. For a peasant woman like this, living in an area with a lot of poverty/low living costs, she'd be set for life after a week.

In times of war or strife, any golden eggs she'd had left would increase greatly in value.

Come on man, think it through before you post stuff like this.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This story is retarded. Just a few golden eggs are an enormous amount of wealth. For a peasant woman like this, living in an area with a lot of poverty/low living costs, she'd be set for life after a week.

In times of war or strife, any golden eggs she'd had left would increase greatly in value.

Come on man, think it through before you post stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh... exactly David... so taking into account what you have just said, the real question is, why indeed did she feel compelled to kill the goose?...

... and that my friend, is the rest of the story...

(which I will try to post tonight, after I return from dinner)
Old 10-16-2005, 06:49 PM

Are you an affiliate who doesn't provide rakeback?

There are so many hidden agendas around here. I prefered 2+2 when it was a players site.

This forum is a joke.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you an affiliate who doesn't provide rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry water.. I am not a poker affiliate of any kind!

[ QUOTE ]
There are so many hidden agendas around here. I prefered 2+2 when it was a players site.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only agenda is to give back something of my knowledge to the members of 2+2, in return for the knowledge I have gained here from others. You can find me primarily posting in the Stock Market forum.

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum was opened at the worst possible time. A time when the #1 poker site is making major changes to the poker landscape. They are making these changes to protect their business, because the skins started to act like predators rather than partners.

The skins served their purpose, and were no longer useful to Party's agenda in the same way... Party acted... the landscape has changed, and it will change again, and again...!

When this forum opened, it brought to light the predatory actions of some affiliates... Party relies on its affiliate network to bring in new players... be clear that when the actions of this affiliate network is no longer of value to Party and their actions go against Party's interests, it will act again. Affiliates that don't bring new players to Party can have their agreement terminated at any time, without cause.

This is a time for discipline amd patience... two skills that are of great importance to poker players! Some of the posters in this forum have displayed neither, and this reflects negatively on them and 2+2.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 AM

Thanks for the thoughtfull reply.

It's all buisness I guess. If party would offer the top 10%-15% MGR's each month a 25% "bonus", with the understanding that affiliates wouldn't be paid on those accounts, wouldn't it solve a lot of problems?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 AM

It should be widely available or stopped altogether, I'm sick of having to decide between breaking the rules and being a mug, I bet other people are too. The OP's story is a good one and very appropriate in this instance.

Mack