Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Virus Warning about pokergrapher - I\'m pretty freaked out

My 1.35 from the original link on this site scanned clean with Norton. I don't have other AV software.

Nigel
Old 06-16-2005, 01:12 AM

I scanned it with TDS-3 (trojans) and NOD32 (anti-virus) and it passed both scans (I also scanned the files the installer created). Looks like a false alarm.

J

EDIT: I'm speaking of the file listed above from the pokergrapher website, if you downloaded from a mirror someone might have tampered with it.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:37 AM

I got the same virus warning. I tried to open pokergrapher today and found that it was expired, so I hopped on 2+2 and found a link with version 1.3.5, when I clicked to download it I immediately got the trojan horse virus warning. It asked if I wanted to delete it (weird since I didn't feel like I had downloaded it yet) and I said yes and closed Firefox. Then I ran a virus scan on my entire computer and it found the same trojan horse somewhere. I deleted it again. Freaked me out.

By the way, I also use AVG free edition. Maybe it's specific to that. Either way, I didn't bother looking for another version of pokergrapher after that.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What virus did it say it was infected with?

[/ QUOTE ]

it gave me a warning of the pokergrapher installerv1.35 exe file followed by trojan.JH. I had deleted it immediately so hopefully someone here can verify. Either way it's better to be safe than sorry, I'm done with this program and careful with other poker programs was well.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I immediately got the trojan horse virus warning. It asked if I wanted to delete it found the same trojan horse somewhere. I deleted it again.

[/ QUOTE ]
It must have already been on your PC - if the download never completed and executed, it cannot have caused the infection. Sounds like the virus was already running and infected the file being created by the download process. If you recall the virus name, it's possible to check whether this is that particular virus's transmission vector at the various AV site (www.sarc.com etc).
Old 06-16-2005, 09:00 AM

I have been unable to find any reference to trojan.jh in any virus encyclopedia. I run NAV 2005 + Zone Alarm + hardware firewall and have never gotten a warning about it or anything like it.

Vern
Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 AM

The .jh suffix is just a sequential code to distinguish it from all the previous variants (.aa,.ab,.ac etc) - the virus scanner would have displayed (or logged) a name of Trojan.<SOMENAME>.jh - it is the <SOMENAME> that identifies the underlying nasty.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:29 PM

I had the same thing today.

in my AVG Vault under virus name it says Trojan horse Proxy.JH.

It was found on both PokerGrapherInstallv134.ee and PokerGrapherInstallv135.exe

The last one i just downloaded today as the previous version was expired. After i read this thread i updated my AVG, scanned my pc and it found the 2 files.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:58 PM

I just went to AVG's website and searched for such a listed virus and it returned no results. If you get more information let me know. I am about 95% confident that it is a false alarm, but I like to be closer to 100% and w/o being able to even find that Trojan listed anywhere, even AVG's site, is a little frustrating.

Vern
Old 06-16-2005, 05:04 PM

I just installed AVG Free and did a full system scan. I found nothing. I have PokerGrapher 1.3.5 installed and I downloaded it from the official site. I can also run PokerGrapher with the resident on-access scan working and no warning occurs.