Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Stanzee masterclass: folding AA preflop

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe you just blow nuts heads-up. you are the worst player in the world.

-randy

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no worries about my heads up game. I just intented to make things as easy as possible once the game ended up heads up. By making this fold, under the current table conditions (i.e the villains playing tighter then a virgins ****), i knew i'd be able to cripple the middle stack before it got to heads up. Of course, if i sensed the middle stack was going to put up any sort of fight, i wouldn't have made this move, but under these conditions i was able to give up a little short term value to gain more over the next dozen or so hands.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually now that I think about it, judging by the way you play I think youre better off faking hand histories than playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
nh
Old 10-15-2005, 12:14 AM

I find it quite laughable that whenever anyone posts an alternative strategy, they just get berated or flamed on this forum. Some of you should hang your heads in shame, and at the same time try just for a second to open your minds.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:16 AM

I neither berated nor flamed you.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it quite laughable that whenever anyone posts an alternative strategy, they just get berated or flamed on this forum. Some of you should hang your heads in shame, and at the same time try just for a second to open your minds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping the short stack alive is not an alternative strategy and has been discussed several times on this forum. This is just a horrible misapplication of this strategy.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:21 AM

Shorty is going to be all in whether you like it or not within a few hands anyway so there's no real advantage to keeping him around in this scenario (unless villian1 folds 100% of hands).
Old 10-15-2005, 12:25 AM

my pride must step in to save your soul. look, things went perfectly for you. you obviously think about the game so think about what else could have happened.

i actually thought your first controversial post was interesting, even though i disliked your approach and then chose to dislike you. but i opened up my play a little bit more every now and then which has actually helped me accumulate chips. but this is just plain fancy and dumb stanzee. this is a party 33 SnG not the wsop.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeping the short stack alive is not an alternative strategy and has been discussed several times on this forum. This is just a horrible misapplication of this strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's okay in a pure bubble situation, yes. But not okay in this mini bubble situation?

I sensed the the middle stack is not calling with anything less then TT+ or AJs+. Once he's guaranteed 2nd place his calling standards dramatically change to probably QT+ Kx and any PP, and maybe even worse then this range. Not only that, but he can then start stealing off me with all sorts of cr p.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it quite laughable that whenever anyone posts a LAME REPATATIVE thread, they just get berated or flamed on this forum. Some of you should KILL ME .

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
<font color="white"> Im actually kinda serious.....</font>
Old 10-15-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I sensed the the middle stack is not calling with anything less then TT+ or AJs+. Once he's guaranteed 2nd place his calling standards dramatically change to probably QT+ Kx and any PP, and maybe even worse then this range.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!