Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:14 PM

Default AKs UI, is this a standard line?

I think that I'd have more interesting hands to post if I had reads, but when I have a read, it's not a problem. This was my 2nd orbit at the table. I bet the turn planning to just check behind any river.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: AKs UI, is this a standard line?

i may just check through on the turn and call/fold to a river bet (i'd call at 1/2 against an unknown). i like the flop raise to get utg out with 3-6 outs, but i'm not so sure MP is donking the flop into the preflop 3-bettor with a hand i want to value bet against on the turn. you also do not risk getting check raised.

that said the benefit of betting there is being able to take a free showdown and maybe getting him to fear an overpair (yeah right, he'll call with 33 on the turn).

this hand is pretty tough without reads (i realize you couldn't have any yet).
Old 12-02-2005, 02:09 PM

Usually I will check the riv after your line of play here. Maybe 30-40% of the time, I will bet the riv as fast as the mouse will allow. Showing constant aggression thru the riv will make an unknown WEAK opponent fold something like A9 or another pair of 9s to your represented hand. Also, showing down AKs isn't bad for YOUR image here.

Remember, no one has a read on you either [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 02:13 PM

Without reads, I'm checking behind on the turn. He called a PF raise and bet into the PF reraiser on the flop. I'd assume he has some kind of a hand (medium pocket pair?).

Hope for an A or K on the river.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:29 PM

I'm pretty confused on the flop raise, actually.

I would raise the flop for two reasons. The first is because I think I have the best hand, and without reads I find this conclusion difficult. Since the first reason doesn't apply to this situation, I look to the second, which is the effectiveness of the raise in cleaning up some of my outs. Again, however, it seems to me that having the early position players come along only helps us, as their outs are likely dominated by ours.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:51 PM

When I raise that flop, its usually to get a free look at the river, so I'll usually check behind on the turn. HU I don't think a bet is terrible if you think he'll lay it down, but minus a read, I'll just check. I'll probably check/fold the river UI (again minus a read.)
Old 12-02-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn planning to just check behind any river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Does that include A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]???? If you think the aces and kings aren't clean, fold on the flop. If you intend to check even after you make your hand, whats the point of playing it to the river?? Just a thought.

Steve
Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 PM

the only reason i'd check that turn too is because if he has a set, you're getting c/r. he cold calls an UTG PFR and you're 3-bet and donks the flop- that isn't a bluff (typically) and he isn't folding to that non-scare turn card, but i like the flop raise anyways.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:40 PM

I think 7:1 on the turn is good enough for a bet. I check behind a tricky opponent.

I think the J is a good enough card and 9:1 is good enough odds to try to fold a smaller pair with a bet on the river.

I fold to a check raise.