Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Chinese Poker

Can someone please lay out the standard structure for points in this game? Are bonus points usual in the ultra-high cash games? if so, what are the different special hands etc/bonuses you could have? is it common to alow a player to lay is hand down for a price of Xpoints?

How do you structure a tournament whi this game? Does anyone have the structures from 95/96WSOP?

(and yes, I did check out the links on the FAQ)
Old 11-13-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Chinese Poker

The usual strctures for this game are 2-4 and 1-6. What this means is that, in the first structure, if a player wins two hands out of three, they win two points, and if a player wins in a sweep, they win four points. In the second structure, a player gets one point for a majority win and six points in a sweep win. The stakes are on a by-point basis, so in a $10/point game with the first structure, a majority win takes $20 and a sweep win $40.

This link explains the scoring system more and a little about bonus points. Whether the whale games use bonus points, I couldn't say.

In tournament play, I assume that each level would bring progressively higher point values: level 1 may be played at T25/point, level 2 at T50/point, level 3 at T75/point, and so on.