Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Heads up post flop with TT

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I'm still not sure if I'd have the stones to call this down in the first place, but if I did, about the only hand that would "sensibly" double check/raise would be AA. I think we can bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn call is really the key to this hand, and it can go either way.

Based on the (weak) read from Hero and since villain raised UTG but did not cap, I'm inclined to think that he doesn't have a high pocket pair or a huge ace. You still might bump into AJ-AT and lose. I would have put him on some sort of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] semibluff (like KQs-KTs or maybe even QJs). In any case, the river check is extremely odd no matter what hand villain holds when he check-raises. I would expect to be bet into on the river almost all the time.

My earlier statement was a little too strong, so I want to correct that:

[ QUOTE ]
Since you called, he figures you for a hand, but he's still going to pay you off on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might have check-raised with a pure bluff and not called on the river because he has given up on the hand. But most players who are willing to check-raise bluff the turn will bet the river, too.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:01 PM

I would have said nice hand...

But I think A. W. is right saying you should bet the river. He is much smarter than I, so you should trust him.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:20 PM

Definitely value bet / fold the river.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:59 PM

Value bet that river. Since he's LAG the A bluff is very plausible, and the checkd river all but cements it. Value bet this river.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:15 PM

We need to be right > 15% of the time or so? Vs complete unknowns I have been folding this, as my default label for a player is loose passive and passive players don't raise the turn on a bluff. With your (slight) read, I probably call it a bit more. Maybe this is selective memory, but I feel like when I decide to look them up, I'm usually beat.

I think the river is an easy bet though; no one with an A is going to check the river if they had the nerve to raise the turn.

Edit: and don't post results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] "Clear bluff" you can hear everyone say from reading them.