Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: The right CALL?

Am I the only one who likes a flop 3 bet?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 AM

I agree. You have an OC, and a couple weak backdoor straight draws to go w/ your nut flush draw. You're easily winning more than 20% of the time here.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who likes a flop 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about it. Now looking at it, 6 players, definitely.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:16 PM

(blind post)

I've been checking/calling turns in this situation - I'm afraid I'm missing bets here but I think I'm consistently getting the most out of em when I do this and c/r the river.

If for some reason MP1 bets here, I could maybe raise the turn once the action gets back to me because I'm almost certain anyone who stuck in will call another bet. But then you risk checking all the way around on the river?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:19 PM

I think it's marginal. You've already lost 2 opponents, and 3-betting will face one of the remaining opponents with calling 2, plus if Villan caps it's facing the other remaining opponent with calling 2. Obviously with your strong draw, two weak draws and overcard you CAN do it and have it be for value, I'm just not sure it's the best tactical move.

Let's see, if you call and keep both extra opponents in, you're getting 2 more bets in the pot, and have the potential for many more when you hit; if you raise and lose both opponents to a capped flop, you're getting 2 more bets in the pot and you're HU; if you raise and Villan doesn't cap, so you keep one opponent, you get 2 more bets in and you're somewhere in the middle on the turn. So, without a read, I'm calling an hoping to keep both opponents, balancing the extra bets I will make when I hit (since all 3 opps are now tied to the pot) against the chance that I'll get drawn out by a better ace.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I play Axs where x > 7 from just about every position, except against a raise in front. Any table too tight to play it, even if it's raised to my left, is too tight to play, IMO.

You did notice that there was a poster, right? I poster in EP, no less? Folding this preflop is a pretty big mistake, methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-gree.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If for some reason MP1 bets here, I could maybe raise the turn once the action gets back to me because I'm almost certain anyone who stuck in will call another bet. But then you risk checking all the way around on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously if you check/raise the turn you're going to bet out on the river...that just stands to reason. Even if you're 3-bet/capped on the turn, you still have to lead the river.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I play Axs where x > 7 from just about every position, except against a raise in front. Any table too tight to play it, even if it's raised to my left, is too tight to play, IMO.

You did notice that there was a poster, right? I poster in EP, no less? Folding this preflop is a pretty big mistake, methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-gree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what a "gree" is, but if it's suited with an ace I'll play it.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 PM

hmm I'm different than everyone else, does that make me wrong? Am I wishful thinking that everyone will stick around for the river? Turn card helps anyone with a high card BDFD on the flop, and also helps straight draws a little bit. I'm afraid CO rasing if I bet will scare out some people.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously if you check/raise the turn you're going to bet out on the river...that just stands to reason. Even if you're 3-bet/capped on the turn, you still have to lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip bozlax. I guess I was thinking I could check the river trying to make opponents think river card scared me/i missed a draw or something?