Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2005, 10:40 PM

Default 5/5 blind KK vs Raise from MP3 Tight Aggressive.

A MP3 Tight Aggressive player raises the 5/5 blind to $50. I'm in the CO with KK with only LP players behind. I flat call. The button calls and the blinds fold.

The TA players play isn't very inspiring, he plays rather straight forward and will bet big when he has the goods and bet less then big when he's unsure. He's only shown pocket pairs for the last two hours. We've butted heads twice during this session with me folding to large bets with mediocre holdings. The button caller is actually semi-loose passive. My image is semi-tight aggressive and tricky. I Have about $1100 in front, the others are not to far behind.

The flop comes A99 rainbow and the pot size is $210. e original raiser leads out for $60. How do you play this hand. Results in white.

<font color="white"> I decide that I'm going to call down this hand -- barring action behind me or huge bets in front. I call the $60 and the button folds we are now heads up and the 6d comes on the turn giving a flush draw with the Ad on the board. The raiser bets another $60 into the now $330 pot. I call again. River is 2s and the raiser bets $160 into the $450 pot. I called and was shown pocket 88 and took the pot with KK</font>