Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Default TPGK hand - where am I?

This one had me scratching my head. Some of these people have been donk raising and 3-betting with A-x, suited connectors, etc. It has made it difficult to put them on any kind of hand pre-flop. Notice UTG's pf limp, cc, and subsequent flop check/3-bet. At this point, I am baffled, but still feel I have the best hand as UTG appears to be tilting off his stack.

Some stats:
UTG 60/0/.3 (20 hands)
UTG+2 67/19/2.2 (~40 hands)
SB 42/7 (~40 hands)
BB 75/6/.9 (~40 hands)

Also, started this table SH with UTG+2, and he has been LAGgy the whole time, not giving any shred of credit to him.

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> PokerRoom Converter at BonusHunting.net

Preflop: Hero is Hero with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13.5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls (all-in).
Old 11-07-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: TPGK hand - where am I?

[ QUOTE ]
but still feel I have the best hand as UTG appears to be tilting off his stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you trust your read then why not?
I'd be a little more passive though and call him down instead of raising. (It worked out to be the same anyway). Guy check/raised 3 preflop raisers. I give him credit for that.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:06 PM

I like it. If you're planning on going to showdown after the flop, then you're going to be calling his final bet on the river anyway, and now you put pressure on SB to face 2 cold on the turn. You may lose to UTG here but getting rid of SB should have helped your winning chances. If called on the turn I look to take the free showdown vs SB if available.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Seems fine.

What do you suppose the big blind folded?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:12 PM

After reading the flop action, my first thought was "UTG better be on a short stack". Then I read the turn action and saw that UTG IS on a short stack. Horray - I think YHIG and you done good.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems fine.

What do you suppose the big blind folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ-TT