Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

Freshman year of highschool i had a dream that my friends cat had died. (Weird already) The next day i see him in class and ask him how his cat is doing. He stares at me for a couple seconds and say that they found it dead outside their house. He never believed that I actually had that dream.

Hmmm, maybe im a sleepwalking cat killer.....
Old 10-22-2005, 03:48 AM

I landed in London after my first (and only) trip to Europe. Waiting for my luggage, another passenger calls out my name. Surprisingly (given my poor memory for people) I recognized him instantly. We had been in a summer program of less than 20 people years earlier.

My mom, who has an excellent memory for people, has literally stopped on the street to chat with people she hasn't seen since nursery school (she's 55).
Old 10-22-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some chick I used to chat with online back in the day randomly hit me up. "Wow, you will not guess what just happened to me today." I immediately just randomly said, "You met Zach Morris?" and she went nuts. She connected with me on AIM, and sent me a picture of her with [censored] Mark-Paul Gosselaar. She had just met him that day at Disney Land.

Now that my friend is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

The year after I graduated college, I was back visiting a couple friends (early in fall semester). I was trying to describe one of the freshmen living with them, and went with "that Zach Morris-looking kid." He's named Zach Morris, and apparently gets this a lot.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:35 AM

My mother married my father. (this is a referance to the "my aunt is my mother's sister" post)

My mother remarried this guy named John who was married once before himself.

My mother and my father got married on the exact same day of the exact same year, at the exact same time that John got married to his first wife.

That means my mom and my step father share not only the same anniversary, but also the same anniversary to their exes.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:38 AM

I met this sexy blonde girl while I was workin one day. I convinced her I was a bad-ass, had sex with her, turned out she was my sister! We had sex again...she screamed "I'm your sister! I'm your sister!" That was weird man!
Old 10-22-2005, 04:39 AM

Here's a couple I enjoyed:

- When I first moved to LA like 3 years ago, I kept seeing Tara-the-Dumpy-Witch from Buffy around town, either walking down the street, or at a little dive bar watching a friend's band play. Then I went to New York for a few days and ended up right next to her on the subway. Odd. BTW, not dumpy at all in real life.

- One of my uncles is a professor of Mechanical Engineering at MIT. He got his PhD from Berkeley in the 70s. I got my BS in Mechanical Engineering from Berkeley. Turns out, my last 3 years at Berkeley, I lived in the same apartment he did back then. Not just same building. Same UNIT. Odd.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:48 AM

this was weird, a 2 or 3 part series coming up:

sitting in the lunchroom at work (in victoria, bc canada). i mention [card game] and girl says "OH NO NOT YOU TOO!" I'm like whut? She says "my ex and his stupid friends play [card game]." i'm like no big deal, she says "my ex's best friend plays that silly game. he even flew his gf down to vegas and they got married!"

i say "his name doesn't happen to start with a J does it?" turns out her ex lives in vancouver, bc canada, is best friends with this guy we both know. WEIRD coincidence, it does not stop there.

the next day she mentioned baseball, and i perked up, i love baseball. turns out i used to coach baseball with her uncle. that was bizarre.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but when I went to return her jacket, the old woman at the house said, "why, that's my daughter, and she died 20 years ago today!" wait, what was this thread about?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I just got goosebumps from reading that again. I think I heard that story about 10 years ago, and it's still good.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My two best are too long. #3 is that I ran into a guy I know in New Orleans and a year later in Tennessee. We both live in Michigan and had no idea either would be in said locales.

If you want to read an incrdible story search my posts for October 5 under the heading "Most Amazing Coincidences". You will also learn the history of Diebitters' nifty Fonz avatar. I'd post a link but I don't know how.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here you go:
wot he sed
And I think this was the first use of the annoying phrase 'obviously' as well.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:02 AM

My wife met some random woman recently whose daughter has the same anme as our daughter, who has a pretty unusual name. After talking awhile they found out her son's birthday is 9 days before our son's and her daughter's birthday is 9 days before our daughter's.