Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 AM

Default TPTK, Maniac causing problems?

Did I play this right here? Can I fold this anywhere?

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Converter missing some action, I filled in some of it myself.
Party Poker (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.
I raise, MP3 calls (PT 68% VPIP, 5% PFR, aggressive post flop (i.e. bets mid/bottom pair), button calls (maniac, 75% VPIP 50% PFR, auto raises post flop)
Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
I bet, MP3 calls, button raises, I 3 bet, MP3 calls, button caps, I call, MP3 calls

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
I bet, MP3 raises, button 3 bets, I call, MP3 caps, button folds, I call.

I still think I'm good but I'm surprised by MP3's raise, maniac's 3 bet doesn't mean anything, I still call because I picked up the nut flush draw. MP3 caps (I know I'm behind now), button folds (I knew he had nothing).

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero Calls.

Do you check fold here? The pot is 21BB so is check/call ok?

Final Pot:
Old 08-02-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: TPTK, Maniac causing problems?

Grunch:

I think you go ahead and call the river given the size of the pot. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if MP2 made a flush or possibly even had 89s.

That being said, I'm not so sure about calling 2 cold on the turn...MP3 woke up with something and it smells like a spade flush.

Edit: Actually, since you have a draw to the nut flush it may not be so bad. But you have to think that 2 of your outs are likely in the hands of an opponent.

Edit x2: Let me figure the odds here. 3 BB to the flop. 7.5 BB to the turn. Looks like 13.5 BB to you making it 1:6.75 and your 7 card draw to the flush is 1:5.6. That would make the 2 bet call okay, considering the possible implied odds if maniac sees the river, right?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:53 AM

My first thought is; You sure these guys weren't working together? Maniacs 3 bet/fold on the turn sure doesn't smell too good.

Even if they weren't together this is why I dislike playing with maniacs. You got sucked into spending 4BB on the turn with probably just a draw. I would call the river for one bet though. I've won pots in worse situations than this before.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:02 AM

I don't think they were working together because he was maniacal before MP3 joined the table (and paid me off numerous times earlier on - to the point where he was just upset at me and raising me whenever I'm in a pot with him). But I guess you never know...
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they were working together because he was maniacal before MP3 joined the table (and paid me off numerous times earlier on - to the point where he was just upset at me and raising me whenever I'm in a pot with him). But I guess you never know...

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason is asked is because I had a guy 3 bet/fold on me PREFLOP at TigerGaming. I checked the hometowns of he and the other raiser and one was from Edmonton, CA and the other was from some town in Canada that I'd never heard of. I looked it up in Google and it's a suburb of Edmonton. Oh, those crazy Canucks. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 02:12 AM

Looks ok to me, 20:1 you can make that river call.