Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Recurring Dreams...

[ QUOTE ]

I add numbers over and over. The same numbers and easy numbers. I'll ask myself what 17+23 is and I'll say 40. Then I'll ask myself, Is that right? and repeat, always repeat, over and over and over.

The other is a boiling pot of water that I take off the stove, I look back and the pot is back on the stove boiling again. Repeat, always repeat, over and over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, those sound incredibly annoying. Do you realize they are recurring when you are having them?

The thing that is so strange to me is when I wake up, remembering the dream and I get a rush of deja vu and the realization that I've played the same thing out many times before.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I was running badly in poker for 2 or 3 days I would have dreams of being back in high-school and late for an exam or missing it entirely....

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have a dream like this every so often and I've been having it for about 4-5 years now.

I also occasionally have dreams where I am trying to run or punch/kick someone and I am either stuck in place or unable to cause damage respectively.

Finally, I often have dreams where I am one of the only people left on earth or THE only person and everyone else is dead or just gone.

Boy, the armchair psychiatrists should have a field day with those. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2005, 09:37 PM

I think recurring dreams happen because there is a problem in the dream that you haven't solved. For example, I kept having a dream where I was running a race and was running really fast, then my legs would get tangled up and I couldn't run anymore and I would lose. Then one day I had the dream again, but this time I finished the race, and then never had the dream again.
Also I've had dreams about ghosts where they would scare me and I would wake up. Then one day I had a similar dream, but this time I talked to the ghost and asked it why it was here, and then I never had the dream again.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I add numbers over and over. The same numbers and easy numbers. I'll ask myself what 17+23 is and I'll say 40. Then I'll ask myself, Is that right? and repeat, always repeat, over and over and over.

The other is a boiling pot of water that I take off the stove, I look back and the pot is back on the stove boiling again. Repeat, always repeat, over and over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, those sound incredibly annoying. Do you realize they are recurring when you are having them?

The thing that is so strange to me is when I wake up, remembering the dream and I get a rush of deja vu and the realization that I've played the same thing out many times before.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are pretty annoying. I dont think I'm fully asleep, because I feel like I am aware of them. Kind of in a half sleep and half wake state. I'm aware that they are recurring, I think to myself you just answered that and then I think, well I better recheck it.