Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: I Just Called to Say How Much I Care

I wasn't referring to you specifically, just the general responses. I did disagree with your oringal range of only a flush or a draw, I thought it was too narrow, because it didnt account for the possibility of a worse flush draw and a pairbut be that as it may you did say he will either call with the flush, or fold a draw and he cant have anything else. I did like the way you assessed the hand in that it was really unlikely he had a Q, which i completely agree with.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I hear you and realistically he probably has AK here which i thought was pretty possible at the time. I just have a hard time believing that when so many people are talking about folding a Q im getting called by JJ/1010/99 so much. Then again, I like my play a lot better if i bet smaller on the turn leaving more stack to push on the river if i bet (and also losing less when I get cred).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot depends on whether he can CR one pair (even if it's AA) because you picked up so many outs on the turn you really don't like folding. But I agree that if you bet, it should be less (but enough not to look weak.)
Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: I Just Called to Say How Much I Care

[ QUOTE ]
you're actually hitting on what I think was my biggest mistake in the hand. How would you feel if I bet 500 on the turn instead of 730, and then pushed the river?

also, I don't really understand the turn around in percpetion that everybody had here about his calling range. At first everybody says its really tight, now that we know im bluffing it includes 99/1010/JJ 80% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

duh, he should have called with 99/1010/jj like, all of the time that you're bluffing. duh.

i'm not going to change my mind that while you were bluffing this time, with the action that took place in this hand, you're going to be bluffing very infrequently. i mean, unless the guy like, super owns you, and knows that immediately after his flop call you think "he's on a draw or maybe JJ/TT/99" he should be folding such hands on hte river. even if he knows that you think this on his call, he should be foldin, as he should know htat your line looks the same when you have flopped a flush or a set, i would think.

so yeah, knowing you're bluffing, it's a call.

not knowing that, you should be bluffing here v infrequently, which means that they should be calling down with middling crap here v infrequently. which is why the bluff works so well, because it only has to do so infrequently to be profitable. yes, i think that you should have bet less on the turn for a variety of reasons.

i still stand by my "whatever he has he played it like crap." since to get involved this much in the hand in this fashion with a hand that is either a draw or a really ewwy hand like JJ-99 on the river is just bad playing.

c