Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 09:59 AM

Default better than sex!! (from what i remember)

tempur-pedic mattress. night 2

best.sleep.EVER

mmmmm

Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: better than sex!! (from what i remember)

I got one a year and a half ago when I moved in with the little lady. They really are great....in the winter. In the summer they have some negatives.... a little hotter than a normal mattress because you are not supposed to use a mattress pad, and can get too "squishy" if the room is hot.

That being said, if you have central air and keep it on all the time, itll be great year round

BTW you should have mentioned you were buying, I got a GREAT deal on mine

**BTW#2, not better than sex..... but it does make sex better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got one a year and a half ago when I moved in with the little lady. They really are great....in the winter. In the summer they have some negatives.... a little hotter than a normal mattress because you are not supposed to use a mattress pad, and can get too "squishy" if the room is hot.

That being said, if you have central air and keep it on all the time, itll be great year round

**BTW, not better than sex..... but it does make sex better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What a coinky-dink, I woke up at 5am this morning because I couldn't sleep and while channel surfing came across the Tempur-pedic infomercial and watched the whole thing. I have to say I was tempted. DV, can you reveal how/where you got the great deal on the Tempur-pedic?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

**BTW, not better than sex..... but it does make sex better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What a coinky-dink, I woke up at 5am this morning because I couldn't sleep and while channel surfing came across the Tempur-pedic infomercial and watched the whole thing. I have to say I was tempted. DV, can you reveal how/where you got the great deal on the Tempur-pedic?

[/ QUOTE ]

What great marketing - run informercials for beds at an hour people who can't sleep wiill be watching TV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 12:12 PM

because you are not supposed to use a mattress pad, and can get too "squishy" if the room is hot.

they actually told me to get a mattress pad so i have one on there. also, i thought these were supposed to be temperature constant? it certainly was fine last night, i hope it does not get hot in summer.

as far as squishy, i got the FIRM one (natch)
Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about getting one of those too. i'd like to hear about this deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 12:18 PM

DV, can you reveal how/where you got the great deal on the Tempur-pedic?

if he bought the infommercial one, it no good. well, it is great, but i found a better one AND cheaper. mine is about 4 inches thicker than the one on tv.

i have the bob-o-pedic, plus i got 2 king size pillows for $125, mattress pad $69, delivery $49.

20 year warranty too, so enema accidents not an issue

image is clickable

http://www.mybobs.com/catalog/beddin...&set=pedic
Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say I was tempted. DV, can you reveal how/where you got the great deal on the Tempur-pedic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is how my hand played out, should work for a lot of premium mattresses (as the cheap ones get many different names)

In NY there were at least 2 different mattress delivery services. Dial-A-Mattress and 1-800-Mattres (leave of the last "S" for savings [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
I saw the mattress was $2,400 for the 10 inch mattress at tempur-pedic, and the same price at Brookstone. They both gave $200 as incentives.
So I called 1-800-Mattres and said I was quoted $2200, what was the best they could do...... Answer $2000 delivered + tax
I then called Dial-A-Mattress, said I was quoted $1950 delivered, what could they do...... Anwer 1800 delivered +tax

I called back 1-800.... got them down to 1750 delivered incl tax

Called back Dial... after "checking with manager" $1,675 delivered tax included

Called back 1-800..... Couldnt beat it

Called back Dial-A-Mattress, Actually gave my real name this time, and spoke to the CSR I had spoken to earlier and placed my order:
$1,675 total [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Brookstone would have been $2,598 incl tax, and Id have gotten a $200 gift certificate

I play g00t

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 12:51 PM

$1,675 total

this g00t for total total. AND for the 10 incher. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$1,675 total

this g00t for total total. AND for the 10 incher. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also this was when the 10inch was the best they sold (before the celebrity edition was released)