Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: bubbble hand $15+1 turbo - i hate folding here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I called PF b/c when BB checked he would fold to a minimum bet despite the fact he should be pushing every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. If this is the case, why aren't we leading this flop? If the only acceptable answer is 'because I flopped a straight, I want him to put money in the pot' - then why did we fold? Were you hoping to just check it down? Not busting your chops, just trying to understand the thought process. I'll give you my two-cents after...

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason i didn't lead the flop w a bet is that i am swelling it for later and he is calling with a lot of draws. i'm going to be ITM in 3 hands and if villain checked back (he was quite passive for a guy in his chip situation) i would bet the turn and move on.

when ITM hits, i dont want to have t1200 or so, so i want this pot to be as small as possible. of course, the way i played this I should jsut fold PF. If I push and get called, even a 20% chance of losing would be pretty bad ICM-wise i feel.

bah, this hand sucked though. villain showed 10d2o