Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Implied odds?

3.5:1 immediate on the four-flush, I think UTG respects CO's turn raise enough to just call unless he's got top set or maybe KJ. If I hit the river I think I can get two more bets out of CO so 3.5:1 immediate plus 1 from UTG so 4:1 on the turn plus two more on the river from CO. So do I calculate the implied odds at 6:1 which pushes me to a turn call?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 12-06-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Implied odds?

Let's see..the only problem is will UTG reraise? If yo get caught in a raising war you are hating it.

If I was closing I would say yes for sure.

If UTG is passive I would call because the odds are right (4:1, the implied odds probably take care of teh times you are not the best flush IMO).
Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Implied odds?

This is a fairly EV neutral situation. It depends on whether it would be likely 3-bet behind you, how many bets you'll get from them if you hit.

Personally, I would probably call. Calling two cold on the turn then showing aggression when the flush hits is going to ruin your implieds, but I doubt it would be 3-bet behind you on that turn. According to the converter, you have 4:1 on the turn, so calling is close to correct anyway, without implieds.