Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 05:19 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: olliejen buys into the hype...

taxgoddess would also claim that sting and her husband are co-authoring a sequel to the kama sutra
Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: better than sex!! (from what i remember)

[ QUOTE ]
better than sex!! (from what i remember)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this g00t for total total. AND for the 10 incher.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i asked the salesman to tell me all the bad things.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 03-29-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: olliejen buys into the hype...

[ QUOTE ]
This is a serious question.

Since these beds don't have the bounce of a spring mattress how is sex in one of these beds?

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a compromise. I was looking into the temporpedic matresses abou 2 years ago, but instead opted for a traditional matress with a temperpedic pillowtop. I get more bounce to the ounce, and the most comfortable night sleep you can imagine.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 PM

Default pillow top

This thread is a perfect example of why the zoo is so great....poker playing insomniacs coming together to share info about beds.

I am going for the pillow top on my existing mattress, that looks sweet.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: pillow top

i gotta tell you. if it is not cheap, i would pass on it.

i know people have said they like it here, but there is no way it can be the same.

the biggest advance these made from inception is increasing the width. this matress is really dense, and therefore has a stability and feel that you could *never* get in a top piece. also remember with a piece like this, it is going to raise your bed more than you think and it will barely fit in the fitted sheet. normally i would not even have said anything here because most would think the add-on is better than nothing but i don't think it is worth shiit unless you have the solid mattress and the box springs customized for the whole package. you will never, ever get the stability in this add-on, and thast's one of the huge advantages.

however, if you get the top piece, i would love to hear how you like it. i have a friend that is considering it becase she does not have the bucks and a couple of more comments would be great.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:55 PM

Since you wanted feedback, we have a pillowtop that we love, considering the value. The full Tempurpedic mattress must be better, but we are very happy with our pillowtop, which we have had for a couple years now.

We got our Novaform King top from Costco for $129, and Queen tops are around $100 IIRC.

Pros:

Might not 'feel' as comfortable to some as soft plush foam, but it delivers the best sleep we have had on any mattress. We prefer our bed to expensive hotels' beds as well.

Least back pain/soreness/uncomfortability we have had on any mattress.

Much less motion transfer (don't feel it when your partner shifts or gets up).

Cons:

Does get warmer in summer.

Induces more snoring, since you often end up sleeping on your back more, if not entirely. On average for couples, one of you will have a problem with this.

Many sheets do not fit well. We bought some sheet clips for $5 from Bed, Bath and Beyond that help lock the sheets and pillowtop in place. Still, if your sheets do not fit correctly, the pillowtop may slide towards the bottom of the bed.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:22 PM

We got our Novaform King top from Costco for $129, and Queen tops are around $100 IIRC.

at that price, god bless. i paid that for the pillows and don't like the pillows.

that's the price of a good set of sheets. if someone does not want to spend a fortune, this certanly is cheap enough to get as an accessory.

if your sheets do not fit correctly, the pillowtop may slide towards the bottom of the bed

but this would bug me.