Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Good play, bad call or bad play easy call? Live 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the CO with AJo. UTG Limps, 4 folds, call, raise, I call, button folds, SB folds BB calls UTG calls, Limper calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of the cold call. If the raiser is tight in his raising standards I'd fold. Otherwise, take command and three-bet.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop comes Q,Q,8 rainbow

UTG bets, Limper calls, original rasier raises, I have a pretty good read on him and that he is not playing a Q that way so I go 3Bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this. I'd just fold. You're probably beat, could well be drawing dead and at best you're drawing to 6 outs. Its not just the queen you should be concerned about, but also the pocket pairs that are ahead of you. Plus other players quietly checking along always make me wary.

[ QUOTE ]

So my question is if those hands are laying down what is 99 still doing sticking around? Is it a bad play on my part, and a good call on UTG's part? Or did he just make a bad call to my good play?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a better player than they are? He has you tagged as a player who goes too far with his hands?