Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Empire - watchout!

Hi,
I am not an experienced poker player, but an experienced businessman. Empire shows many signs of a company collapsing.

Mainly this:
Customer support does not manage to defend the company's actions in any sensible way. It means they are either hiding something, or ashamed of something or they realize they are on a sunken ship and only makes sure they don't do anything they will be blamed for. Either way, bad.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Empire - watchout!

i find their confusing responses on this matter to be consistent with the kind of support party/skins ALWAYS give.

that's about the only thing about this situation that is NOT unusual.
if there reponses actually made sense and addressed the issue then THAT would be noteworthy given their history of almost NEVER doing that.

so i wouldn't read too much into the fact that they are their normal incompetent selves.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i find their confusing responses on this matter to be consistent with the kind of support party/skins ALWAYS give.

that's about the only thing about this situation that is NOT unusual.
if there reponses actually made sense and addressed the issue then THAT would be noteworthy given their history of almost NEVER doing that.

so i wouldn't read too much into the fact that they are their normal incompetent selves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn your cat-like speed microbob.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:27 AM

IF they reply at all. God knows I've been patiently waiting for a response as a wanna be NEW customer for only about 3 months now. That combined with the current fiasco has me greatful I was never able to open an Empire account.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:57 AM

Empire bounced a cashout check of mine. Now they have issues with the Travis County District Attorney. Good for them they aren't subject to american laws.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:58 AM

Ugh, that sounds really bad. Remind me not to ever request an actual check.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:04 AM

How much was the bounced check for?

Here I thought Empire was just being greedy, but now it appears they are actually broke.

Oh well, another good reason to pass on tomorrows reload. They probably need the deposits to pay people like you holding those bounced checks.

Good luck getting your money.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:53 AM

Yes I was in Austin. The bounced check was a little over $200 sometime last year.

I cashed it at a Money Box. Then I got a phone message that I urgently needed to call someone at Empire. So I call back and the guy says they've closed the account from whence the check was drawn so I shouldn't cash it. I told him I had already had. He seemed sort of incredulous that it was actually cashed and then took a sort of no worries tone of voice.

About two months ago Empire put $50 in my account because I hadn't played there in such a long time, so I played the requisite # of hands to release it and requested another check. I tried to cash it at a Money Box and that's how I found out they never honored the first check. The second one cleared though Money Box wouldn't take it.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire bounced a cashout check of mine. Now they have issues with the Travis County District Attorney. Good for them they aren't subject to american laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you're in Austin? Or is there another Travis county elsewhere?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I am not an experienced poker player, but an experienced businessman. Empire shows many signs of a company collapsing.

Mainly this:
Customer support does not manage to defend the company's actions in any sensible way. It means they are either hiding something, or ashamed of something or they realize they are on a sunken ship and only makes sure they don't do anything they will be blamed for. Either way, bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, like always, they have no information because they aren't given any. Poker CS are simple drones who do nothing more than what the card in front of them says to do. (And the card doesn't need to have anything to do with your request or problem for them to use it).