Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Sexy, by PokerBob\'s definition

villain is fairly typical, which means fairly aggro. I think the sexy works very well when you are in the SB or BB and reraise what could be a steal attempt, because my turn bet could still mean a wide range, and I'll sometimes call a hand like AK on the river here against the right opponent depending on the usual things. his turn call = Q or PP enough of the time for him to VB the river > 50%.

I'm pretty sure this is standard, but I think this works a lot so I figured I'd post it

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks
Old 10-04-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Sexy, by PokerBob\'s definition

I like this sexy.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:17 AM

sexified
Old 10-04-2005, 12:20 AM

I dont like it. he clearly doenst have a Q, and he will pay off with ace high every time. He probably caps PF with 99-JJ so Im having trouble finding hands that will bet and payoff.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like it. he clearly doenst have a Q, and he will pay off with ace high every time. He probably caps PF with 99-JJ so Im having trouble finding hands that will bet and payoff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, and unless he'll valuebet A high and call the raise, you're not getting any extra over just betting out.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:23 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

i was waiting for someone else to say something like this. i think a bet is best here since he is checking behind a lot but probably calling a bet. since everyone is infatuated w/ the sexy it always seems like a good time to pull it off but i dont think this is.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:26 AM

hmm, interesting. do you think he has a lot of hands that call the turn but don't bet the river? how often, as a rough estimate, does A high bet?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think he bets A-high every time? I think this guy bets A-high (he's behind only to AK because of the Q on the board and AK in Hero's hand will almost always bet this river). He probably won't pay off an A high hand if we raise, but I'd be more inclined to believe that he bets and pays off often enough to justify the sexy than he checks through an A high hand meaning we miss a bet); if he has a PP, then he almost certainly pays off.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 AM

It seems as if the villian is on a draw so there is no way he calls a river bet. But when Hero checks the river it makes it look like he missed his draw or at least shows weakness. This may induce a river bet by the villian as a bluff. Either way I dont see the villian calling a river bet so the check is fine. IMO
Old 10-04-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think he bets A-high every time? I think this guy bets A-high (he's behind only to AK because of the Q on the board and AK in Hero's hand will almost always bet this river). He probably won't pay off an A high hand if we raise, but I'd be more inclined to believe that he bets and pays off often enough to justify the sexy than he checks through an A high hand meaning we miss a bet); if he has a PP, then he almost certainly pays off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. Would you bet A high here? I sure wouldnt. If he has a PP dont you think he often raises the flop or turn? I just think he has A high a huge % of the time here and will call more than twice as often as he will bet+payoff.