Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Borgata debacle

Friday night poker at the Borgata. I decide to stay sober and try to pick up some drunks' money. The statistical nature of poker however did not work my way. The second hand of the night I doubled my stack from 240 to 480 when my set of jacks took down an ace high bluff attempt (A10!!!!), flop j48. After that was all down hill. My worst beat was AA to 89 suited. Flop A810, turn 8, river 8. I kid you not. The drunks just seemed to outdraw on everything. It was quite amazing. Unfortunately I had to leave Saturday so I ended up down 80. 80 is nothing but its just miserable with the way they were playing. There two jackasses would raise every other hand with any two cards. If anyone else witnessed this game let me know. $12 preflop raise with 35 offsuit only to make a straight. So atrocious and really no fun.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Borgata debacle

Moderator(s) notified of another boring, bad beat post that nobody cares about. In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:10 PM

sir,

there are tens of thousands of members of 2p2. we play poker a lot, in the course of things we take bad beats, we all do. if we all made posts about it our forum would suck, so please, dont make bad beat posts.

rj
Old 11-05-2005, 07:18 PM

Bad beat stories are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My worst beat was AA to 89 suited. Flop A810, turn 8, river 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to hate getting your money in on that flop against that hand.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Friday night poker at the Borgata. I decide to stay sober and try to pick up some drunks' money. The statistical nature of poker however did not work my way. The second hand of the night I doubled my stack from 240 to 480 when my set of jacks took down an ace high bluff attempt (A10!!!!), flop j48. After that was all down hill. My worst beat was AA to 89 suited. Flop A810, turn 8, river 8. I kid you not. The drunks just seemed to outdraw on everything. It was quite amazing. Unfortunately I had to leave Saturday so I ended up down 80. 80 is nothing but its just miserable with the way they were playing. There two jackasses would raise every other hand with any two cards. If anyone else witnessed this game let me know. $12 preflop raise with 35 offsuit only to make a straight. So atrocious and really no fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

By any chance were any of your opponents an Asian guy named Ken? I played at Borg two days in July and will always remember this guy because he played (and raised) more hands than anyone I've ever seen.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:13 AM

This is the "debacle"? And here I was expecting a good story. Thank you for waisting 2 min of my life.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad beat stories are like assholes: everyone has one and they don't realize how much they stink.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Minor change...who wants to hear this stuff? Maybe I should set up an online service like those guys they profiled at the WSOP. $2.50 and I'll listen to your story. For $5 I'll actually care about it.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:35 AM

One time I took a crap... I got some on me. It was shitty.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:25 AM

I had top set on the flop busted up 4 times tonight, each pot 15-20 BB.

And I still finished my session up 7 BB.

Conclusion:

Idiots deal out bad beats, but they also make poker worth playing, gotta deal with it.
Closed Thread