Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 11:09 PM

Default AK TPTK +FD

Villian is about 35/15 or so. Probably ok, too loose is probably his biggest failing. Haven't really played too much.

Plan for the rest of the hand here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($58.20)
MP ($226.70)
CO ($95.95)
Button ($82.80)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($149)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($234.70)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, Button folds, SB calls $18.

Flop: ($50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>

-SmileyEH
Old 12-27-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: AK TPTK +FD

The $8 bet in my eyes screams weakness. That said i like trying to build the pot here. I'll usually raise to $35. If he reraises i call and look to try and get it allin on the turn. If he calls and checks the flop, i'll bet $60 (hoping to get it allin by the river.) The key question you should be asking yourself here is how am i gonna get this guy to stack off all his chips in this pot with a relatively weak hand? Don't worry about the times when you're behind because the chips are going in anyway.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: AK TPTK +FD

any large raise here probably gets villian to fold any hand that you beat (I doubt villian has KJ or worse here).

A small raise opens you up to villian 3-betting and then possibly pushing a blank turn if he has trips or better but does build a pot if u are ahead and he doesn't 3 bet.

I probably call then hope villian has a mid pair w/ a diamond and I can get more money in from him when he makes his flush, feel free to call me a nit though.