Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Hillary on Greta

Link

Of particular interest to me is the following quote:

[ QUOTE ]
CLINTON: Well, I understand that, you know. Look, I was raised by a father who didn't believe in credit cards and the whole nine yards. I consider myself in that category and I think that's why you need to have good systems in place to start with.

I mean look I was heartbroken when I saw how dysfunctional FEMA had become. It worked during the Clinton administration. James Lee Witt and the team that he brought in they were on top of it. They responded. They knew how to...

VAN SUSTEREN: They didn't have Katrina though and 9/11.

CLINTON: No, but they had earthquakes. They had the, you know, huge flood in the Middle West. They had lots of natural disasters. But these are unprecedented so even more you need to be fully prepared and up to speed and have the best people, not the cronies but the experts in charge.

This administration I think has learned that lesson a little bit late and we paid a big price for it, so I don't blame any American sitting, you know, in New York, California, anywhere else saying hey I want to make sure the money goes to the right place.

That too is a federal government responsibility. There should be an inspector general. There should be really strict accounting. I've called for the same thing with Iraq. Look at the money we've wasted in Iraq. I mean look at the money that we've given in no bid contracts that we can't even find where it went. They've wasted billions of dollars. It is wrong.

And, for me, it is just an example of a failure to, you know, run a government competently, whether it's, you know, spending money in Iraq or failing to spend it here in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast.

We can do better. America can do better. We've done better in the past and I think we should get back to doing better and we should expect everybody in public office to live up to that standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought I would say it, but perhaps Hillary has found her message....
Old 12-28-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Hillary on Greta

"Together, America can do better" was accepted by the DNC as a key slogan for '06 a couple months ago. They either settled on that or "Together, we can do better" ... but I think it was the first.

Personally I like Warner's "Results Matter" meme better.