Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: I always knew Clinton wished he was Hitler!

Sorry Roybert,
I'm having trouble following. The text you quoted; I didn't see any text like that in the Clinton executive order. Did that come from the FISA code?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Courts have ruled that a wiretap and the use of a thermal-imaging device to examine a private home from a public street constitutes a search that requires a warrant

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course that doesn't apply if we are at war. If we are at war the President can do anything he wants to. Congress doesn't have to declare war in order for us to be at war, regardless of what the Constitution says. After all, it's just a piece of paper. We're at war because the President said we are conducting a "War on terror". Besides, I don't think we ever officially ended the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Poverty". Not only that, Jimmy Carter said the energy crisis was the "moral equivalent of war". We have a worse energy crisis now than we did when good ole Jimmy was president, so that counts to. What it all means is that the President can do anything he wants to, any time he wants to. Anybody who disagrees is a terrorist-loving liberal defeatist who hates America.

Hmm, I wonder how many survivors there will be after George passes out the koolaid.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clinton authorized spying without warrants on Americans, which was executed by Gorelick. I wonder what the liberals will say once they realize that presidents of both parties have been authorizing these actions for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Beer, here. Neither party is (nor historically has been) immune to scumbaggery and pissing on the constitution.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clinton authorized spying without warrants on Americans, which was executed by Gorelick. I wonder what the liberals will say once they realize that presidents of both parties have been authorizing these actions for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Beer, here. Neither party is (nor historically has been) immune to scumbaggery and pissing on the constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

So its ok?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember something about Clinton getting FBI files on his political opponents. That is the Law enforcement apparatus, though, not intelligence gathering. Maybe my little unnuanced mind can't see the differences.

[/ QUOTE ]

clinton was rumored to have used his executive privilege to gain access to fbi files for political gain, but in reality they were routine background checks on all white house personnel and visitors. the right-wing press story that clinton got those on his opponents was an exercise in muddying the waters. it's pretty well documented. in fact, it was not the president who got blamed for it. it was the first lady who was claimed to be getting it through the president in preparation for her senate run.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you please tell me what the words really mean? Say it slowly, like I am a child.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You say Clinton's order applied to wiretapping.
2. Clinton's order, on its face, applies only to "physical searches".
3. Clinton's order invokes a statute that specifically distinguishes between "physical searches" and "wiretapping".
4. Therefore, Clinton's order did not apply to wiretapping.
5. The proper thing to do when you have made a mistake is to acknowledge it, corrected it to the extent possible, learn from it, then move on.

mmm'kay?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:37 PM

I have nothing to worry about. Unthinking Bush lapdog followers are not going to be the ones taken from their homes in middle of the night, forced to pray to Allah to save them while they are tortured with Eminem rap music in air conditioned rooms while being photographed as part of a naked human pyramid with glow sticks up their butts, given the death sentence and executed in the most humane way possible after a quarter century of failed appeals.

Anything get left out? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention racism.

This Bush bashing stuff is getting a weeee bit ridiculous, don't you think? Let the hilarity continue......