Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: I always knew Clinton wished he was Hitler!

OK Roybert,
I said in a post to Elliot below:
"Courts have ruled that a wiretap and the use of a thermal-imaging device to examine a private home from a public street constitutes a search that requires a warrant."

If you believe physical searches should not include wiretapping and survellance, you should get together some legal funding and take the issue up with the supreme court.

It just sucks that legally speaking, physical searches and wiretapping are equivalent.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 AM

You have got to be kidding. You're relying on the fact that the foruth amendment applies to both pysical searches and wiretapping to say that they are the same thing? Um, no.

But even if they could be considered the same thing generally, or for some purposes, they absolutely cannot for purposes of FISA (and therefore for purposes of the executive order, which invokes FISA). FISA has seperate sections for wiretapping and physical searches.

Nice try, though. Just keep saying it: We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia . . .
Old 12-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Oh, I got it. The constitution means nothing when you are dealing with the Clinton Secret Court.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:57 AM

I dont see how King George violating the constitution (which he swore to uphold) has anything to do with Bill Clinton, who did not spy on American citizens.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:06 PM

President Bush did not violate the constitution if your Furhrer didn't. Elliot already said the constitution is irrelevent when you are dealing with FISA. You can't have it both ways.

BTW: A really good web page about FISA can be found here
Old 12-21-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elliot already said the constitution is irrelevent when you are dealing with FISA.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
President Bush did not violate the constitution if your Furhrer didn't. Elliot already said the constitution is irrelevent when you are dealing with FISA. You can't have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Continued references to President Clinton as "Hitler" and "the Fuhrer" are disrespectful and offensive.

Continued references to President Bush as "Hitler" and "the Fuhrer" are disrespectful and offensive.

Please stop.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 PM

"You have got to be kidding. You're relying on the fact that the foruth amendment applies to both pysical searches and wiretapping to say that they are the same thing? Um, no.

But even if they could be considered the same thing generally, or for some purposes, they absolutely cannot for purposes of FISA"

Elliot says - can't rely on FACT 4th Amendment applies to searches AND wiretapping. Wiretapping and Searches cannot be the same when talking about FISA because they are addressed in two separate sections of the code. Therefore 4th Amendment doesn't apply to FISA therefore constitution is meaningless with regard to FISA. Or am I having trouble with that reading thing again? Can you please tell me what the words really mean? Say it slowly, like I am a child.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK Roybert,
I said in a post to Elliot below:
"Courts have ruled that a wiretap and the use of a thermal-imaging device to examine a private home from a public street constitutes a search that requires a warrant."

If you believe physical searches should not include wiretapping and survellance, you should get together some legal funding and take the issue up with the supreme court.

It just sucks that legally speaking, physical searches and wiretapping are equivalent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that physical searches and wiretapping without warrents on American citizens are essentially the same perverse bastardization of the Constitution. I was mostly interested in the provision that said that these physical searches couldn't be performed on Americans.
[ QUOTE ]
"physical search is solely directed at premises, information, material, or property used exclusively by, or under the open and exclusive control of, a foreign power or powers." Translation: You can't search American citizens.
and there is "no substantial likelihood that the physical search will involve the premises, information, material, or property of a United States person." Translation: You can't search American citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Can I still call GWB King George?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Continued references to President Clinton as "Hitler" and "the Fuhrer" are disrespectful and offensive.

Continued references to President Bush as "Hitler" and "the Fuhrer" are disrespectful and offensive.

Please stop.

[/ QUOTE ]