Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Disable video card help

I have an integrated video card (bleh) and have a new one to install and i need to disable my current video card. Help through BIOS- got no clue how to do this, and my google search capabilities don't seem to be up to par for this action.
I have a Dimension E510, with windows XP running on it.
help greatly appreciated
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Disable video card help

Hi,

Dell is known for their customer service. Your unit should still be under some warranty by which you can call them to find out. Or you can plod around service and support.

Most newer computers are Plug and Play. Meaning that you should be able to plug in the new video card and the computer knows that that has been done and disables the old one. This is especially true if you are using an AGP video card. Hope this helps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Disable video card help

thanks for the reply- i was on the line with dell when i posted this, figured i would double my chances. I was transferred three times and gave up with them and went for the plug and play. It didn't disable the old card- so now i am just using two different video cards.