Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-08-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Unnecessary receipts

I hate receipts too. The only time they are useful for small things is when you are doing an expense report(which BTW are major PITA).
Old 12-08-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep all my receipts because I pay for almost everything with my check card. I then use the receipts to balance my checking account.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. I record all my transactions into my PDA and balance them against my bank's site every few days.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I keep all my receipts because I pay for almost everything with my check card. I then use the receipts to balance my checking account.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. I record all my transactions into my PDA and balance them against my bank's site every few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried to balance my checking account in years. I look at it every once in a while on my bank's website and pretty much assume the number is accurate. I'm talking about things like hair gel, soap and bottles of soda. How much are those going to hurt your bottom line. I'd rather let my bank steal $8 from me once/year than have to keep track of 15 receipts or write everything into a PDA.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:29 PM

i'm also not a fan of best buy printing me up about 12 feet worth of receipts for a cd i just bought.....

seems a bit wasteful
Old 12-08-2005, 11:38 PM

"i'm also not a fan of best buy printing me up about 12 feet worth of receipts for a cd i just bought....."

Yeah, I noticed electronics stores seem to love to print loads of crap on the receipts and make them a foot longer than they should be.

At this hardware store near my house, they used to have a dot matrix printer and the receipt would be a full page, even if you just bought like a lightbulb. It was pretty retarted.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 PM

I was at Chipotle the other day and used a card and the girl asked me if I wanted a receipt or not I wish more places did that.
Also, when is 2+2 going to get a forum dedicated just to chipotle? Seems like it comes up enough.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. Man, I'll just give you money, then you give me the doughnut. End of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "'Don’t even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here. Oh wait, it's at home, in the file... under D... for doughnut'"

[/ QUOTE ]

as soon as i opened this thread i knew that would be posted. awesome.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
printing me up about 12 feet worth of receipts

[/ QUOTE ]

Blockbuster is easily the worst at this. I swear you get like 4 receipts and then 3 more pages of coupons or something.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 AM

Funny you should post this. I just got Panda and the guy gave me a receipt and I thought "wtf would I need this for?" If you start some sort of petition, I'll sign it.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:51 AM

It serves as a formal symbol of your contract. Sometimes there's fine print on the back you should read.