Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Party 1/2 beginner help

Hi-I'm just starting out at 1/2 sh at party. prior to this i've been a 2BB/100 winner at the party 2/4 fr game usually 8-tabling. i 5 or 6 table the new 1/2 sh tables. I'm a little concerned about my new winrate here (.7BB/100) especially given the atrocious quality of most of the competition. This is over a run of 6000 hands and is somewhat demoralizing. If anyone could tell me if my pokertracker stats look ok i'd appreciate it:

VPIP-21.95
Fold SB to steal-55.68
Fold BB to steal-49.51
Att. to steal-27.72
W$WSF%-31.8
Went to SD%-29.18
Won$at SD%-57.14
PFR-11.14

Should I maybe go to showdown more? I've been taking some horrendous bad beats and basically been getting 2-paired to death this entire time. thanks for any replies!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:19 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: Party 1/2 beginner help

u can play more hands and raise more PF. U also need to see more SDs especially given ur VPIP. u can steal more.

But the biggest thing i would recommend is stop 6 tabling. Seriously, focus on getting better and moving up. U can't think enough 6 tabling.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:22 PM

thanks for the help. my bankroll really isn't big enough to where i'd feel comfortable playing 3/6 sh since i continually make withdrawals for help with the bills each month. and i feel like you can pretty much put it on autopilot here

however, looking at the party 3/6 sh tables, they do look quite juicy. are the players there about as bad as at 1/2?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:35 PM

i haven't played much 1/2 in a long time, but 3/6 players are pretty poor for the most part. Even the TAGs do retarded stuff (myself of course included, otherwise i wouldn't still be playing mostly here). Table selection is semi-important though, but not critical. You just have to test waters yourself.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 PM

by the way carolina grad here, noticed you went to wake [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] what would you say a respectable winrate at is, both at the 1/2 and 3/6 party sh levels? the search function here doesn't go back far enough
Old 12-08-2005, 09:59 PM

11 PFR is way too low. You need to raise at least 16% when the table is 6-handed. You're folding too much post flop too. Also playing 6 tables when your are not confident in your skills is not a good idea.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 PM

one more thing-my flop aggression factor is 5.67. i feel as though this might be high, but i can't seem to stop continuation betting, and it is so common in these games to have two broadways and whiff the flop with another two fish in, frequently one of them behind you. any advice on this situation?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one more thing-my flop aggression factor is 5.67. i feel as though this might be high, but i can't seem to stop continuation betting, and it is so common in these games to have two broadways and whiff the flop with another two fish in, frequently one of them behind you. any advice on this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really, really high. A lot of times it is correct to call to peel the flop or wait till turn to raise.

BTW, i sent a PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one more thing-my flop aggression factor is 5.67. i feel as though this might be high,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nearly double what it should be.

[ QUOTE ]
but i can't seem to stop continuation betting,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not likely to be the main problem. You need to call more. you're likely folding and raising too much.

[ QUOTE ]
and it is so common in these games to have two broadways and whiff the flop with another two fish in, frequently one of them behind you. any advice on this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you still have the bast hand or enough fold equity bet it. If you have JT and they are never folding, check.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 PM

pm'ed back 2 7. thanks for the advice leader i'll work on that

let me be more specific. let's say i have AK and am going up against the BB and the flop comes 2 6 7 or something and he bets out. how can i call that if i don't have pot odds since the pot's like $5. that seems to be such a common situation here. i'm almost always raising of folding here. is that wrong?