Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Somewhat stupid question about higher stakes HU games (LC)

How do they play that fast? I constantly see people betting so fast that their bet is out before the flop card graphics are fully spread. Then you'll see where it gets bet, raised, and 3 bet in under a second. Higher games usually go a lot faster since people know what they are doing, but this is almost beyond comprehension. I can't see how anyone can be playing even close to their best at that speed.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Somewhat stupid question about higher stakes HU games (LC)

they should probably take more tiem but theyd probably come to the same decision anyways so they just say the hell with it and play at lightning speed.

If you ever play SH iwth stoxtrader he seems to play much slower and with more thought. This is probably the way to go in general.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:19 AM

Another thing is that when you slow down your opponent will likely slow down too, and if he doesnt he is at least getting the same amount of extra time to think about the hand. When both players play fast, noone is at a disadvantage, and a tacit agreement is kind of reached.

Also, if you think you have an edge and can play fast relatively at least as well as you opponent (which both players think in a very large percentage of high stakes hu matches), then you want to play as fast as possible to get as many hands in as possible.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they should probably take more tiem but theyd probably come to the same decision anyways so they just say the hell with it and play at lightning speed.

If you ever play SH iwth stoxtrader he seems to play much slower and with more thought. This is probably the way to go in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, I think the reason I appear slow sometimes is not because I'm giving it thought, its because I have a number of other tables open.

particularly recently, I've been playing NL tables in addition to limit, which I find slow me way down cause if I have 4 sites open, different sites grab the window and I want to type in my stupid bet in NL but have to do it 6 times.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:41 AM

Clearly slow and thoughtful is not the way to play, but lightining fast doesnt mean better...Neither does 8 tables... I think everyone agrees that their bb/100 decreases as they take on more and more tables..of course 2-3 is very managable.

Answerlay as fast as you believe you can still make quality decsions. A lot of these lightining fast players are putting in 40hr weeks...over a long period of time too