Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: here\'s a fun hand.

I don't like it. Tiny pot and chip spewing
Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain's first hand at the table.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

I think there's a greater than zero chance that an unkown bets when checked to on the flop. I clearly can't just call with the opportunity to steal the whole thing or minimally get headsup.

once we got HU, I felt I had a shot to fold out a better pp or a six by leading out.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok i dont like this move because:
1)the pot is too small
2)there is a good chance the bettor has you beat
3)if not, at 2/4 you have a lot of passive cold callers who might have you beat but didnt bet and will call
4)the board is 2 flushed tainting your 2 pair outs

dont get me wrong. i pulled this move successfully but the pot was bigger and it was a rainbow board. I would wait for better circumstances. I like the turn bet.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it doesn't work out, there is something to be said for getting more action at he table after showing down your trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and by the time you get a playable hand more than half the table will be gone.

This stuff is worth considering when playing live.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:09 PM

why are people counting outs here? I don't make this move unless I think I could be ahead. The flush draw should be the one counting outs.