Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 04:13 PM

Default When a flush runs into a double paired river oop (3/6)

New table, no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 12-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: When a flush runs into a double paired river oop (3/6)

i'd check/call, that's an awful situation though.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:18 PM

CR the flop. He won't believe you. I'd check/call the river. He'll bet a PP or busted Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] enough.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:27 PM

LOL, Oh man that blows haha.

Reminds me when SSH says "you pretty sure he now has a full house beating your flush but no read in more than 90% so you must call" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or something close to that... Dam i could pull chicks with my Small Stakes Hold'em Quotes im sure [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 12-04-2005, 05:10 PM

I'd actually consider betting. Why are we so convinced that we're toast to villain's K? Villain made two virtually automatic bets on the flop and turn, and then slows up at the first sign of hero's aggression. A lot of players would re-raise with a strong K here, and the only K in most players' 3-betting range is a strong K.

I think we're ahead most of the time here, but how often do we expect a call? Obviously if we're beaten, we lose 2 BBs, and if we don't get called, we win 0, and if we're ahead and get called, we win 1 BB. So it all hinges on the probabilities . . . is a 75% chance we're ahead and a 75% chance we get called too generous? Because that would be +EV. I suppose the river bet is marginal.

At the very least, let me say that there is absolutely no question that I'm check/calling this river, if I'm not betting. The decision between the two would be based on reads.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:35 PM

check/call, bitch &amp; moan
Old 12-04-2005, 05:50 PM

I like bet/folding a lot more than check/calling. I'm very surprised so many people are recommending check/calling [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

He's virtually never raising unless you're beat, but you may be able to extract a bet from him calling with AA, QQ, JJ, TT.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like bet/folding a lot more than check/calling. I'm very surprised so many people are recommending check/calling [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

He's virtually never raising unless you're beat, but you may be able to extract a bet from him calling with AA, QQ, JJ, TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:30 PM

Without reads there is no reason to try to be cute. Just bet the flop. If re-raised, then opponent probably has a K or better and you should go for c/r on turn.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But, what if he has AA?

He may bet when we check with AA, But he may fold if we bet.

So if he has AA, we bet he folds.(Neutral)
We check he bets/Checks. (Win 1BB)

If he had King, We bet he raises/calls (We lose 1BB)
We check he bets we call (we lose 1BB)

I'm sure i've missed something though lol.

isnt it best to C/C? for the bluffing chance ? Super marginal?