Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Hand vrs CrimeZ

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Crime is 29/19/2.5/33 over 2504.

Krishan
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Hand vrs CrimeZ

Nice discipline there...I always want to show down good hands but it's good to see examples of TPTK getting folded for one bet on the river.

JJ and AJ seem most likely. KcQc seem less likely as I think he would have raised earlier with it. TT and 99 - maybe he was trying to keep folks in, but doubtful with the flush draw there.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:11 PM

The fold itself is good. The only thing I don't like about this is that if I'm going to be at the table for a while afterwards I always feel really insecure bet / folding into aggressive / smart players.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:12 PM

You better know your opponent incredibly well if you're making these folds. This is entirely read-dependent. Against an unknown, or even a semi-known, datamined TAG, you're calling the raise and being shown a winner the majority of the time. Thats just life.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 PM

Definitely a good fold.

No reasonable player is making this protected pot river raise with a worse hand. I guess you're thinking that he knows you're good and knows you could lay down a hand like AK. The thing is there aren't very many 10/20 TAGS who actually fold this in this spot. Most 10/20 TAGS suck and are bad hand readers.

Additionally, he has to expect to either be ahead of BB or make him fold a better hand. BB never in a million years folds an ace or better. The only worse aces you are ahead of are A2, A3, A5-8. A lot of TAGs don't raise these UTG. So he'd have to be making a move with like JQ, KJ, KT, or something like that.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Against an unknown, or even a semi-known, datamined TAG, you're calling the raise and being shown a winner the majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much incorrect in my opinion. Did you miss the fact that the pot is protected?

Krishan
Old 11-30-2005, 02:51 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
The fold itself is good. The only thing I don't like about this is that if I'm going to be at the table for a while afterwards I always feel really insecure bet / folding into aggressive / smart players.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. i hate this metagame crap. maybe its because i dont get it, but maybe its because it doesnt exist online at 10/20. is he going to know you had AK? no. everyone will assuming you fired 3 times with KK or on a bluff. if you cap the flop and turn and give up on the river, then maybe itll look bad. but this in isolation doesnt look bad
Old 11-30-2005, 02:51 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against an unknown, or even a semi-known, datamined TAG, you're calling the raise and being shown a winner the majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much incorrect in my opinion. Did you miss the fact that the pot is protected?

[/ QUOTE ]

read it again
Old 11-30-2005, 09:02 AM

looks good to me. i folded a winning ace to an ace with a worse kicker in a situation like this the other day, but i don't really know how to play it differently other than to take note of the player that made the play.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:37 AM

Definitely a good fold with BB in the hand. This is never a bluff, and almost never a worse hand.

If you were HU and BB had folded on the river do you call?