Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-26-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Live Flop decision with Mr. A magnet...

[ QUOTE ]
true dat, but I doubt anyone is sitting on a hand like 5d6d with hero making it $170 straight preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... sure
Old 11-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Live Flop decision with Mr. A magnet...

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you think AK is a possibility? You think he'd push with that, or not take so long to call...? Based upon what you wrote, it seems like he could very well be deciding to gamble by trying to flop top pair against what he thinks is QQ/JJ or something. Maybe he has AQ? I'm just not sure what leads you to put him so firmly on a pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
OYKP is UTG and opens for $45 ($10 to bring it in), (He's brought it in for $30 before, with what appeared to be big cards in the past, so I read him for any pair)

[/ QUOTE ]

I also had a strong read at the time he was deciding what to do after re-raising to $170 that he had a big pair I dominated.

Thanks for your comments, soah.

Garland
Old 11-27-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Results and thoughts...

The classic dilemma with pocket Ks and an A flops. I have too much money left to risk it all after the flop.

So I decided on the flop that of course anyone with an A will check and trap me. However, it's fully possible that no one has an A. I don't want to let a free card slide off, and I didn't want to show weakness inviting someone to take it away from me on the turn. However, I didn't want to commit my entire stack so...

Here's how the action went:

I bet $300, OYKP fold quickly (with what he said was JJ), WAHO quickly calls $300.

Turn comes a blank and WAHO quickly and with a strong voice moves all-in. I know he has an A. I fold. He shows AKo. I love poker.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Garland
Old 11-27-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts...

Sounds like you hit it on a weekend? WAHO is a regular, often times the only fish on the weeknights.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts...

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you hit it on a weekend? WAHO is a regular, often times the only fish on the weeknights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I was there with WAHO and another bunch of degenerate gamblers on Thanksgiving night too who didn't want to be home with their families [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I had a very good night then.

Let me know what you look like next time (or how to identify you), and I'll be sure to say hi.

Garland