Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 07:56 PM

Default meta game.

Me, i don't like to fold. My Went to showdown is 38% and i've been folding more lately. Its down from around 39.5%.
I don't like to fold. I don't like to be pushed off hands, i hate when another player shows his (successfull) bluff. So i avoid this by going to show down. Alot.
So here's my quandry. I go to show down alot so that i won't be pushed off hands. therefore i want players to take more shots at me since i'm not folding anyway. However folding less should cause fewer shots at me. So how do i encourage more shots at me since i don't fold? I've been tinkering with pausing when i know i am going to fold, and looking at other tables to make it "look" like i am thinking.
This goes both ways for peoople whose wtsd is in the low 30's.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: meta game.

One should remember that most people are paying even less attention then you are 4 tabling or whatever. So these "tells" aren't going to be noticed by the vast majority. If I want to be bluffed by someone, I'll usually bet at a regular pace. If I don't want to be, I'll be quick against bad players and pause a little before I bet into good players. Of course most of the time I'm not even thinking about it. If you want to encourage a bluff from a good player when you check, a pause doesn't hurt. Against a bad player, I'd try to make it as close to an insta-check as possible.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Something to add: with 4 tables, pouring coffee, taking calls, and random schenangins I believe that my timing is so erratic that, from that standpoint, I'm "unreadable".
Old 11-25-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something to add: with 4 tables, pouring coffee, taking calls, and random schenangins I believe that my timing is so erratic that, from that standpoint, I'm "unreadable".

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree if people are trying to read something off me when I'm six tabling there just wasting there time.