Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Need for Speed: Most Wanted

WOW...not sure any other comments are necessary but here I go anyway...

I did not think it was possible to improve on the NFS series but EA outdid themselves this time!! there are more cars available, better cars available, and the police chases are freakin sweet. I just finished a 20 minute police chase and it was INTENSE!

Here is a list of the things I've noticed that are gone from NFS:

Neon lights under car

Some parts you can no longer edit: headlights/tail-lights, bumper/front bumper/side skirt all replaced by body kit selection (makes sense)

Trunk speakers/nos bottle/lcd screen no longer available

Hydraulics (sp??) ='(

Draft racing

Street X Racing

Honda's

No more SUV's

Hidden shops, as new parts are available, you can go to any shop to upgrade your parts.

What's new you ask??

Better selection for cars...Porsche, Lotus, every Mitsubishi known to man, Lamborghini, Mercedes...in total, 32 cars from what I can see so far.

After beating rivals you can win the pink slip to their car, an excellent bonus, do not have to buy cars as frequently as NFSU2.

POLICE CHASES!! The police chases are intense, and they document how many police cars you damage, destroy, how many are deployed, how much damage you cost the gov't...it's so fun.

I've been playing this for a couple of days and spend most of my time messing with the cops.

IMO, the best racer I have played.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

"I did not think it was possible to improve on the NFS series but EA outdid themselves this time!!"

Jesus, EA hasn't improved it at all. The original was the best. Now it's just a game for 10 year olds (kind of ironic since I was like 11 when I got the first one).

Is it still very arcady?? As much as I hate the arcadiness, I musta played hot pursuit a million times. Just love the cars, what can I say. All I really want from a computer/console is a realistic racing game with exotic cars, cops and alot of traffic, and a good rugby game. Until a good rugby game comes out, I'm stuck with madden & american football (your game is good, but rugby is better).
Old 11-22-2005, 08:02 AM

from what I hear, the closest to "real" racing is the Gran Turismo series. The original NFS was pretty cool. Maybe it's a breath of fresh air for me because I haven't found a good game (in the past year or so) to hold my attention for longer than 1 session.

the only rugby game i played was one by ea sports back on the sega genesis..or was it ps1? hmm..been so long!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 AM

All the NASCAR versions have gotten top marks for realism. They did one with cars from the 60's, like the F1 type, that was supposedly incredibly realistic, punishingly so. But you were on tracks, not city streets.

I'm assuming you use a wheel and perhaps pedals too -- what kind?