Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 12:55 AM

Default UI overs in a big pot and I mess up my shirt spewing

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

bb and mp are full on loose passive fishies.

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

utg limp reraised and bb colcall/capped that sucka. I regret not just freakin calling. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Now I have no idea where I stand.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

18 sb in the pot when it comes to me. can't fold here can i? cant raise either.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

this is an incredibly confusing card for me, and I call out of sheer flabbergastedness and astonishment.

River: (13.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

i'm a fish and I suck at poker. you got a better line?

Final Pot: 14.25 BB [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: UI overs in a big pot and I mess up my shirt spewing

Fold the flop, you have ace high and UTG is representing probably AA or KK by the LRR, or a better ace. Either way you are drawing slim to a hand that may or may not be a winner. Get out while you can.

Steve

EDIT: Some would probably take one more off on the flop since you're getting ~20:1, but I think you can only count 1 out for the last 2 and 1.5 outs for the ace, which may not be clean. I still recommend folding the flop unimproved.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:07 AM

Wow!!!! Now that is a cluster[censored]. I think Preflop is fine and given the odds you are almost stuck calling on the flop. I don't see how we're good/we have any clean outs to depend on on the turn (other than the case 2 to split) and I think we have to lay it down there. Give UTG credit of a misserably played pocket pair (and I think he could have any poket pair since I see many a donk do this with many a bad hand, and occasionally a good hand). I may be pessemistic here but I'd be looking for a way out beofore I lose all sanity.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:56 AM

preflop and flop are fine, as is river.

turn is tricky, but i probably play it the same as you.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bb and mp are full on loose passive fishies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course, UTG is the one we want to know about. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Preflop can't be helped - raise is standard, BB couldn't have been expected to wake up too, and by the time you're kicking in that last bet you're getting 16.5:1.

Flop is OK, barring a read on UTG. By the turn I'd probably give one of my two opponents credit for having either a pair of something OR cards that dominate me, BUT now there are adequate bets in the pot for chasing our ~4 outs to at least a chop.

River I'd call simply to get a better read on UTG. Also, the weekends bring out the collegiate maniacs, who are positive all it takes to win at poker is raw aggression, so if this hand was played on a Friday or Saturday you may have a better chance than you think.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:51 AM

If I'm going beyond the turn in this hand, I'm raising. (But I've been letting out my inner lag lately)

-Jaran
Old 11-20-2005, 03:05 AM

how would Baronzeus play this hand?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 AM

Raise the flop? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Jaran

(Might not be a bad idea [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])