Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 08:58 PM

Default flush draw gear shiftin

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

villain has a vpip over 60 after like ten hands, but he's been limping some real crap in the short time he's been at the table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

my plan was to raise/call if he bet, and not worry about the free card if he checked.

River: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

my turn check may have gotten me a little undue action on the river, but I'm still not sure if I hate money.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 11-19-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: flush draw gear shiftin

I think you are good a huge percentage of the time here. What do you think about betting the turn?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

villain has a vpip over 60 after like ten hands, but he's been limping some real crap in the short time he's been at the table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop: (3 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

my plan was to raise/call if he bet, and not worry about the free card if he checked.

[/ QUOTE ]
you do not have enough equity to raise if he bets here. top pair kings has much higher equity than you on the turn, so if you check raise him here you are only pumping the pot with the worst of it. bad plan.

river is duh......
Old 11-19-2005, 10:28 PM

i felt pretty confident that he'd bet any Q or K, and I wasn't worried about him drawing to my flush. I expected to be ahead if he checked through, and sometimes drawing if he bet the turn.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 PM

Anyone see villan doing this with 2 weaker clubs or a weak king. I don't play 6 so it's just a thought. Seems like it could be a free card play by villan. I don't think your average 6'er would limp Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here so I think you're good. It just seems to me like he put you on a pair and then backed down till he hit.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero checks, UTG checks.

[/ QUOTE ]
you do not have enough equity to raise if he bets here. top pair kings has much higher equity than you on the turn, so if you check raise him here you are only pumping the pot with the worst of it. bad plan.

river is duh......

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean leading the turn, not c/r'ing.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:35 PM

ok, but i'm responding to the op's statement that his plan was to raise if villain bets here. i'm saying no, that is stupid, unless we have a read that he will raise/call 3-bet and bet the turn with less than top pair...
Old 11-19-2005, 10:39 PM

*grunch* Think I like the turn check. With his raise on the flop the chance he has a K or a Q with a better kicker is pretty good. If you are behind you have 9 outs giving you about 36% chance to make your hand by the river. 36% equity means you don't have enough callers to bet. Your reraise scared him off a bet with the better hand so take the free card.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:40 PM

I don't get the turn check. He gets a free card when he wants it and if he has you beat he's betting like every time.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:49 PM

yeah, in retrospect the turn c/r plan is a bad and I should have just planned to call instead.

I think the pf action may cause a better queen to give me a free card though, so I think I still like it.