Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Winrates in Stud Hi Lo

Did a search for this but didn't come up with anything, please redirect me to a post if you know of one as I imagine this has been discussed.

I don't like to think about winrates too much but just curious, what would a solid S8 player expect to make at 1/2$ or 2/4$ (Mainly Stars Ante structure but either way)?

Also is the sample size used to get a good idea if it's an accurate rate pretty much similar to holdem or no?

Thanks a lot.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Winrates in Stud Hi Lo

Expect a lot of short-short-term variance (and by that I mean over 500 or so hands, not 5,000 like the short-term is in Hold 'em) in Stud 8/b. The bad beats are less frequent but more absurd, which makes sense - it's an inverse relationship.

That said, at the low limits, you should be able to make 2.5bb/hr without too much trouble as a regular solid player. My winrate is about 1.5 - 2.0bb/hr in the $10/20 game on Party, which I feel is good but could certainly be improved.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:15 PM

Sounds good, thank you sir.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Expect a lot of short-short-term variance (and by that I mean over 500 or so hands, not 5,000 like the short-term is in Hold 'em) in Stud 8/b. The bad beats are less frequent but more absurd, which makes sense - it's an inverse relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me stupid but I just want to make it clear. The "longterm" is a smaller number of hands in stud than in holdem?

I hardly have any 7 card stud experience (and no hi/lo) but 5 card stud I have played alot and for me it is very very low variance compared to the winrate.