Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 04:26 PM

Default What\'s your least favorite city in America?

I have three with legitimate reasons. What are yours?

1. Meridian, MS (what up Big Steve?). I spent 2 solid years in flight school here. Being a California-bred college educated person in this city is painful. I had a lot of good friends surrounding me, but when we couldn't get out of town for the weekend and ended up drinking in town, it was painful. Driving from the somewhat affluent area on the outside of town where I lived, into the center of the town was basically hilariously depressing.

2. Philadelphia, PA. One of my college buddies grew up there and I ended up partying there probably 15 times, and spent another couple weeks with his family. The down is dirty as all hell and really smells, the people are lazy, the girls are gross, and the accent they sport became like nails on the chalkboard after about 2 visits.

3. Los Angeles, CA. Yes, I grew up in Cali, but I hate LA. I hate their sports teams, especially their fan base. Pretty much everything that Tool said in AEnima is dead on for me. That city would make a great lake.

You?

-Jihad
Old 11-15-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: What\'s your least favorite city in America?

My gf lived outside of Philly and we went there several times. I rather liked it, but the people for the most part are incredibly obnoxious.

I've never spent any significant time there but I hear Worcester, MA is a nice place...
Old 11-15-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have three with legitimate reasons. What are yours?

1. Meridian, MS (what up Big Steve?). I spent 2 solid years in flight school here. Being a California-bred college educated person in this city is painful. I had a lot of good friends surrounding me, but when we couldn't get out of town for the weekend and ended up drinking in town, it was painful. Driving from the somewhat affluent area on the outside of town where I lived, into the center of the town was basically hilariously depressing.

2. Philadelphia, PA. One of my college buddies grew up there and I ended up partying there probably 15 times, and spent another couple weeks with his family. The down is dirty as all hell and really smells, the people are lazy, the girls are gross, and the accent they sport became like nails on the chalkboard after about 2 visits.

3. Los Angeles, CA. Yes, I grew up in Cali, but I hate LA. I hate their sports teams, especially their fan base. Pretty much everything that Tool said in AEnima is dead on for me. That city would make a great lake.

You?

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, so drag yer candy ass back to tofu land and enjoy a fruit salad.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:39 PM

Philly cant be on my list because I get sexually excited over cheesesteaks and cheese fries, so Im going to vote

1)New Haven, CT
2)Springfield, MA
3)Newark, NJ

EDIT: Hartford, CT is probably tied for 1st. HUGE oversight.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:40 PM

Bakersfield. So empty and devoid in life the place feels like it has an infused sense of evil. If deadness and mindless conformity could be evil, then Bakersfield will give you a feeling of absolute evil. "gaze blank and pitiless as the sun," from the Yeats poem The Second Coming, springs to mind. The town has that kind of gaze. I'm sure it is the center of some Satanic cult.

I agree on L.A. The place is a desert, but devoid of the natural beauty even a desert has. Very little foliage anywhere, and most of that brown. A lifeless holding pan for hot smog. Everything man-made and most of it dirty and in bad repair. Unutterably smug people with less to be smug about than could be imagined, mixed with a lot of misery and poverty. Fake boobs everywhere and a society and culture that seems built around them.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)New Haven, CT
2)Springfield, MA
3)Newark, NJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Springfield and get back there about once a year to visit the rents. I couldn't wait to go to school to get out of there and haven't seen anything to draw me back. What am I missing?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:45 PM

I'd have to say Buffalo. Horrible winters, poverty, corruption, crooked cops, terrible city government, you name it. It's like the whole place was thrust into a permanent state of depression after Super Bowl XXV.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1)New Haven, CT
2)Springfield, MA
3)Newark, NJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Springfield and get back there about once a year to visit the rents. I couldn't wait to go to school to get out of there and haven't seen anything to draw me back. What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing. Its a LEAST favorite city list.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1)New Haven, CT
2)Springfield, MA
3)Newark, NJ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing. Its a LEAST favorite city list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! I will slink away now...
Old 11-15-2005, 04:47 PM

Ann Arbor, look how [censored] ugly...