Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: What 2 seconds would you change?

Hulls foot in the crease vs Sabres in Cup

Music City Miracle ruled forward pass (never woulda got reversed)

[censored] Norwood

Thurman Remembering his helmet to start one of the Super Bowls

Thurman not fumbling to start the 2nd half when Bills were dominating to swing the momemntum

Kirk [censored] Gibson vs Eck

It sucks to be a Buffalo sports fan!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We PSU fans are used to having undefeated seasons w/o mythical national titles. Even so, we've managed to get more than one national title in the last 57 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to debate the storied history of our football programs, I'd be more than happy to. Michigan will stack up and destroy PSU in nearly every way, shape and form, including head to head to record (8-3 vs PSU), national championships (11 vs 2), conference championships (5 vs 1 since PSU has joined the Big 10), BCS Bowls (3 vs 0), Heisman Trophy winners (3 vs 1), and any other stats you would like to throw out there. The only thing that I found that PSU has more of is all time bowl wins (18 vs 23), though Michigan has been to 28 straight bowls and PSU hasnt won one in 5 years nor been to one in 3 years.

On the subject of National Championships, I'm pretty sure that Michigan has the only one in the last twenty years between the two teams. And if the AP title is mythical, I'm not sure what a real championship is since its the longest running championship out there (also, tell USC that they are only going for a repeat and not a 3peat and see what they say). Were it not for Tom Osborne's perfectly timed retirement announcement, Nebraska would not have jumped from 2 to 1 in the final Coaches Poll that year.

I love how PSU has one good year in the last 10 and suddenly is a great program again. Win a few more games, national championships, Heisman trophies, conference championships and come back and talk to me.

Oh, and finally - SCOREBOARD 27-25!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 PM

Christian Laetner catches the pass, fakes, turns and pulls up at the free throw line...and bricks hard off right iron.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to debate the storied history of our football programs, I'd be more than happy to. Michigan will stack up and destroy PSU in nearly every way, shape and form, including head to head to record (8-3 vs PSU), national championships (11 vs 2), conference championships (5 vs 1 since PSU has joined the Big 10), BCS Bowls (3 vs 0), Heisman Trophy winners (3 vs 1), and any other stats you would like to throw out there. The only thing that I found that PSU has more of is all time bowl wins (18 vs 23), though Michigan has been to 28 straight bowls and PSU hasnt won one in 5 years nor been to one in 3 years.

On the subject of National Championships, I'm pretty sure that Michigan has the only one in the last twenty years between the two teams. And if the AP title is mythical, I'm not sure what a real championship is since its the longest running championship out there (also, tell USC that they are only going for a repeat and not a 3peat and see what they say). Were it not for Tom Osborne's perfectly timed retirement announcement, Nebraska would not have jumped from 2 to 1 in the final Coaches Poll that year.

I love how PSU has one good year in the last 10 and suddenly is a great program again. Win a few more games, national championships, Heisman trophies, conference championships and come back and talk to me.

Oh, and finally - SCOREBOARD 27-25!

[/ QUOTE ]

Penn State has cooler uniforms.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:35 PM

I'd change the two seconds that occurred right before Len Bias snorted the cocaine that killed him.

-McGee
Old 11-16-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Penn State has cooler uniforms.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely like that PSU hasnt changed their uniforms, like ever. Makes it easier to know when you buy a jersey it wont be outdated in a year.

But really, how can you argue with the winged helmets? Michigan has contributed two of the biggest uniform trends in the history of sports with helmet designs and baggy basketball shorts.