Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: best mouse?

While we are on the issue, can someone recommend a mouse for people with larger hands?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:51 AM

I recently spent over $400 on pointing devices to try to find the best one to cure my RSI (I bought them at Fry's so I could return most of them). Here is what I found out:

Logitechs are built for the largest hands, the mx1000, mx510, mx518. I have a small hand and the mx510 killed me

I can't use any trackball to play more than 4 tables of poker.

The gyration mice are really cool for a few minutes, but you can't use them for a long time.

Because i have a small hand, I finally settled on a $10 creative mouse optical lite. The razer diamondback was in between that mouse and the mx510 in size.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:14 AM

Logitech Trackman Wheel
Old 11-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Logitech MouseMan PS/2 Mouse

[ QUOTE ]
Ultra-high PS/2 report rate & ultra-accurate analog mechanism for extremely smooth, precise, and stable movement even in fastest and highest acceleration settings. The ultimate mouse for ultra-high screen resolution graphics applications and ultra-high refresh rate games. (FYI: this mouse - adjustable up to 200Hz, typical USB mouse - fixed at 125Hz)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this thing is a relic but all the new mice I've tried arent as responsive and smooth. Logitech doesnt even list it as availbale any more on its website and Dell SpareParts stopped selling them about a year ago.

A guy on Ebay sold me a dozen for $30.

Do the newer mice have the faster response rates?..I'm sure they do ..but I tried newer basic Logitech mouses and more expensive Logitech mouses like the MX510 and they were not as functional.

This mouse is wide at the base but not very high and its flat at the top not rounded- and very easy to maneuver with the faster response multi-tasking..of course it's a relic..I'd be willing to make the jump to the 21stcentury if I could find a better mouse...any suggestions?

I was not happy with the MX510 and most of the new mice have a similar profile.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:59 PM

If anyone decides on a Kensington product, I just want to mention that they have excellent customer service. After 5 years, my scroll wheel started acting up and Kensington is sending me a brand new one in the mail without asking for a receipt or anything. They just verified my serial number.

Anyone have experience with the Logitech DiNovo set? You get the MX-900 mouse, keyboard and a separate number pad. There's a bluetooth model I'm thinking of getting.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:15 AM

Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000

According to the above review at Tom's Hardware Guide, the ergonomics of this mouse are irreproachable. It is the first corded mouse from Microsoft using their new 1000 dpi high-definition optical technology. Of course, you can get up to 2000 dpi with high-end mice from Logitech and others, but 1000 dpi is more than adequate for playing multi-table poker.

Newegg has this mouse for $20. Combine it with an Icemat Second Edition Mouse Pad for $38, and you have mousing perfection. I have been using this combination for a month, and I really don't know how I ever got along without it. Just be sure to put the little surfing pads that come with the Icemat on the mouse feet, otherwise the plastic feet will scrape noisily on the glass surface of the Icemat.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:36 PM

I picked up the Logitech MX100 today from COMPUSA (normally $80, but on sale for $40 after $30 mail in rebate and $10 in store rebate). I've been using it for about half an hour and I love it. It doesn't skip like the microsoft internet browser did (I may not have synchronized it properly) and it's more accurate than any other mouse I've had. Thanks all for your help!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 PM

I have the MX1000 which is an insanely great mouse. I'm looking at getting the new G7 which is the upgrade of this mouse.

If you want to buy my old MX1000, which is in perfect condition and less than 4 months old, private msg me.