Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:12 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default sound off with matt pinfield on hdnet

great music interview show. i've seen the trey anastasio, reverend run, and now the john mayer episode. trey and john were GREAT interviews, just chatting about music with him. i was really surprised with how academic and passionate mayer is about music, i've only heard his 'contemporary alternative' type crap i think. maybe it's all that way, but i like the way he approaches things even if i don't enjoy his music. reverend run was obviously in it for self-promotion and i was really turned off by the whole thing.

anyway if you have an hdtv and get hdnet check it out sometime if you're into music. it's often less about the artist being interviewed and more about ways of looking at music.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: sound off with matt pinfield on hdnet

MTV went down the tubes the day Matt Pinfield left.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 AM

Wow, I haven't heard his name in years. I never liked him, he always seemed so awkward and uncomfortable on camera.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:17 AM

dude knew his music though, and he liked everything.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:20 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

this john mayer episode is really amazing. especially if you don't like his music. i'm sure it repeats, you guys should really catch this one if you like thinking/talking about music at all. various discussions about jimi hendrix, effects of fame on creativity, etc. he's really well-spoken and really capable of expressing exactly what is in his head. the trey episode was similar but more like 'hey isn't that great!' type of hero worship stuff like you'd expect them to do sitting around on a couch. still great and fun, but not as much dissection/analysis.