Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 11-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Exsubmariner Exsubmariner is offline
Member

Location: Now Declassified
Default X\'s correspondence with UB about Pokershare

In All Fairness to UB, I feel compelled to post their correspondence with me to date. I will post any further correspondence I recieve later in the thread. I have to acknowledge they are making some effort here.

From: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: 11/03/05
To: memberservices@ultimatebet.com
Subject: RE:Recent Changes [#XXXXXXXXX]

Desiree,

1) The check I recieved from FedEx was $28 short.

2) I am not responsible for fees I did not agree to pay to get my own money.

You are obviously motivated to have me play at Pokerstars. They never have nor would they ever do anything like this.

I am about to tell the world. I hope you go out of business you lying theiving sacs of dung.

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I will have research done on your payout check and the relating backup sent to you asap. UltimateBet has not lied to you in any way, so I am unsure why you are upset with us. I would like to work out these issues with you.

Can you please let me know what fees you incurred? To my knowledge the FedEx fees were paid in advance.

I will gladly apply whatever bonus you had previously received to your UB account in full. (Since we are two different companies, I can't remove them from that account) This would be on top of any existing deposit bonus currently available through your affiliate. Please let me know if you would like this done, and to what account. I will also gladly post an equal amount of points you had previously earned as a "welcome" bonus. Please let me know to the best of your recollection how many points you had.

Sincerely,

Emma
Customer Support Manager
UltimateBet Member Services

________________________________

Emma,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am encouraged that your website is willing to listen to my concerns.

I have recieved a copy of an Excel spreadsheet from Ella, who I beleive works in your department. I will compare the data on that spreadsheet with my Pokertracker database. For some reason, I specifically recall an ending balance of $XXXX when I last closed my Pokershare software. I will let you know what I find.

As you probably figured out, I am rather perturbed at the cancellation of my Pokershare account by your parent network. Public discussions regarding this action lead me to believe that this was done for the sole reason that your company, Ultimate Bet, applied pressure to the parent network because you were loosing market share to this new network site. At first I believed this might be due to the legality concerns over US customers having an interest in a poker website. I have dismissed these, however, because playing poker over the internet is a legally gray area of the law anyway, and combined with the fact that players in Canada and Mexico have also been affected, that puts the motivation behind this move squarely on your company.

The reason that I am upset is because this action deprived me of my interest in, if not a true ownership in Pokershare, at the very least profit sharing, for being a volume player there. I am now forever prohibited from participating in a business model that I find rather attractive. I feel very short changed as the only reason I ever played on your poker network was expressly for the purpose of participating at Pokershare.

In the interests of transparency and full disclosure, know that I intend to post this correspondance on the Internet Gambling Forum of twoplustwo.com. At this point in the discussion I feel I have nothing to lose as I have no account at Ultimate Bet, and I have already suffered the penalty of having my Pokershare account closed through no fault of my own. I strongly feel that if you are willing to extend the offer of bonus and points transfers to me, that it would only be fair if you extended it to every North American player who had an account on Pokershare. I am willing to accept your offer and create an account at your website under those terms.

I hope you view my offer as an opportunity to repair the reputation damage your company has suffered in the online poker community as a result of this move.

Yours Truly,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'll let you know what they say. BTW guys, this is how you look out for each other.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:44 AM
captZEEbo1 captZEEbo1 is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: X\'s correspondence with UB about Pokershare

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you go out of business you lying theiving sacs of dung.

[/ QUOTE ]This ought to really make a random customer service representive really try to help you much quicker!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Exsubmariner Exsubmariner is offline
Member

Location: Now Declassified

This is a copy of the text of the e-mail I sent UB this morning:

Dear Member Services,
I have reviewed the Excel Spreadsheet you have sent me and compared it to my Pokertracker Database. I have found that there is in fact a shortage in regards to the payment you sent. However, it is in fact no where close to $28 and can be accounted for if my database failed to record a blind or new player post. This has happened in the past. The amount is not, in my mind, significant enough to warrent writing another check. I consider this matter to be resolved and do appreciate your willingness to solve it.

I am still awaiting your reply on the matter of extending the offer you made me of transfering my outstanding bonuses and player points to a new UB account to everyone in North America who is in my situation. Please let me know if the offer extends only to me, to all, or if you retract it.

I am still sore over the opportunity I have lost to participate at the Pokershare website and find your company's behaviour toward it's network partner to be abhorrant and in keeping with the new trend in online poker which recently started.

I apologize for nothing.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 11-04-2005, 10:00 PM
rusty JEDI rusty JEDI is offline
Senior Member

Location: British Columbia, Canada

[ QUOTE ]
This is a copy of the text of the e-mail I sent UB this morning:
.
.
.
I apologize for nothing.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thread gets no replies because you have nothing to stand on and nobody agrees with you.

You're an ass

rJ
Old 11-04-2005, 10:12 PM
edfurlong edfurlong is offline
Junior Member

Wow, just wow. Probably would have been just as effective to save yourself some time and just kick your dog.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 PM
IggyWH IggyWH is offline
Senior Member

Location: Pittsburgh - FIESTA BOWL BITCHES!

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, just wow. Probably would have been just as effective to save yourself some time and just kick your dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave the poor dog out of this
Old 11-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Exsubmariner Exsubmariner is offline
Member

Location: Now Declassified

And the Text of the Final Reply.

As a licensee of Game Theory, we operate under the same practices and
procedures that are laid out for the poker network. Any issues that
Game theory has with any of their licensees are strictly between the
groups in question and not open for public discussion. We can't speak to
any profit sharing scheme that other groups offer, as we aren't privy to
those details.

Regarding special offers for you to post on the forums--we do not have
any special offers for players outside of our marketing team's current
promotions. Generally players can find these either on the front page
of our website or the main screen of the game, unless of course they
are visiting a site where we happen to advertise.

So, I guess that once again, a poker site has been shown that regardless of what they do, the players will just keep coming back anyway.

edfurlong was right, should have just kicked the dog.

Nobody cares. Maybe the truth really is that it's so dog eat dog that sites will just screw over volume players indefinately and they will just keep coming back for more. I might as well just give it up and go back to playing on Potty. Hell, everybody else did. You guys are just gonna roll right on over and let the websites control your market. You have no idea what you are giving up, I guess.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:28 AM
edfurlong edfurlong is offline
Junior Member

I gave up ultimate bet a long time ago, so I'm okay with it.