Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: LOL ROFLMAO OMGOMGOMG

[ QUOTE ]
You can have one without the other. Assume it wasn't illegal, that doesn't mean that Libby didn't out her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, OK so it wasn't illegal, so there was a big investigation to look into .....what?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Pardon Scooter Libby

everyone realizes that what libby did damaged the CIA and national security, right? its not a joke here.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Pardon Scooter Libby

[ QUOTE ]
everyone realizes that what libby did damaged the CIA and national security, right? its not a joke here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really amazing. I think these guys are so devoted to their party and conservative movement they don't see it.

It seems so obvious, yet they are so wound up in their little worlds they can't see the truth when it slaps them in the face.

I wish people cared more about America than their political interests.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What in the world are you talking about? There clearly was an outing of a covert agent

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in the minds of the gullible. In order for the Espionage act to apply Plame would have had to: Been in a covert position of risk AND be currently posted overseas or have been posted overseas in the last 5 years. She worked and commuted to CIA headquarters in Langley in a management position. She belonged to the CIA credit union for Christ’s sake. She was featured in a cover story in Vanity Fair.

Once again - the Espionage Act did not apply to Plame. She was not a covert operative.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What in the world are you talking about? There clearly was an outing of a covert agent

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in the minds of the gullible. In order for the Espionage act to apply Plame would have had to: Been in a covert position of risk AND be currently posted overseas or have been posted overseas in the last 5 years. She worked and commuted to CIA headquarters in Langley in a management position. She belonged to the CIA credit union for Christ’s sake. She was featured in a cover story in Vanity Fair.

Once again - the Espionage Act did not apply to Plame. She was not a covert operative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read what I wrote? Reread it. If you can't figure out why you are missing the point I'm not going to bother trying to explain it again. But the big hint is that whether or not she was a covert agent has nothing to do with the espionage act. I pray that you are being wilfully difficult as opposed to actually not understanding.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:54 AM

Do you want ice in your Kool-Aid?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, OK so it wasn't illegal, so there was a big investigation to look into .....what?

[/ QUOTE ]

To determine whether or not it was illegal.

I really don't know why you're being so thick about this. It is a BIG deal to reveal a covert agent's identity. Assume for a minute that there are other covert agent's who are the spouse's of ambassadors. How successful do you think they will be in the future? Assume that there are other covert agents who use (or have used in the past) the same dumby company as their employer. How safe are they right now? Assume that the CIA may have had a plan for this particular agent in the future. How succesful will that plan be? Whether or not it was illegal is irrelevant to whether it was repugnant and dangerous. It is irrelevant to whether the people who outed her (if they are employees of the government) should be terminated.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:47 AM

Default More so

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This <u>(pick any Washington political)</u> episode shows (as if this needed to be shown again) that the <u>(name the opposition)</u> ideology is a mushy contraption that easily reduces to Us-versus-Them, with the two sides being at any time whatever the chief wants them to be!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a fair fix, guv.

But, seriously, there is no comparison between the practices of the two "camps" in this respect: I have not seen such blatant disregard for elementary ideological positions by the liberals as I have seen by the conservatives, in the U.S.

I mean, ideological opportunism runs rampant in both "camps" but come on! In recent decades, the conservatives have elevated this into an art.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Thar they blow

[ QUOTE ]
In order for the Espionage act to apply Plame would have had to: Been in a covert position of risk AND be currently posted overseas or have been posted overseas in the last 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's called the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, but you're right about the legal aspects of the affair.

Of course, Dubya was very specific about the moral aspect of it! But I'm not holding my breath for him to deliver.

link
Old 11-03-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can have one without the other. Assume it wasn't illegal, that doesn't mean that Libby didn't out her.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Wow. Did you actually write that? Turn off fox news and come sit at a poker table with me.