Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: White Nationalism as a Cultural Backlash

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is "white nationalism"?
I'm white, I don't feel guilty about it and I love America. Does that make me a white nationalist, and if so what's wrong with that? I'm missing the line between "white nationalist" and "white supremecist". In my mind there's a difference but I'm failing to see that distinction made by the OP or anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

White nationalism = this country should be devoted to the interests of and emphasize the advancing of the goals of white people (which I suppose may sound benign enough to the naive, or worse); the only distinction between white nationalism and white supremacy, if one exists at all, is that the white nationalist isn't particularly concerned if whites are the 'supreme' race, nor do they claim to want to oppress or persecute other races, only that they have control over their own sphere of influence/space - in other words, the white nationalist argument is something like “well, if blacks can organize into the NAACP, why shouldn’t we organize into the NAAWP” - and that, for the white nationalist, to accuse white-nationalist groups of racism while approving of other racially-oriented groups is hypocritical and racist against white people;

But surely, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say white nationalism is nothing more than a euphemism for white supremacy, or white-supremacy-lite, and has little to no political viability in contemporary America, as I detailed above. So roxtar, to answer your question - you're probably not seeing a distinction between white nationalism and white supremacy because none exists.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: White Nationalism as a Cultural Backlash

you're dead on - good response -

still can't believe Lott shot himself in the foot on that one, though to be fair, half the shouting was from Democrats and half was from Republicans who wanted his job - soulnds like Frist might have gotten a little nasty in his getting the job -

love it when sharks feed on each other.

RB