Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Unusual Stars cashout...

I just tried to cash out about $1,570 from Stars and two weird things happened.

1) I had the option of cashing out into a FirePay account registered to one of my email addresses. I don't have a FirePay account!

2) I only received email notification of $407 of the money. The $1,100-ish I assumed would automatically go into my neteller account, but it hasn't yet. And it wasn't mentioned in the email.

I've already emailed their support, but has anyone ever had this happen? Should I panic? I'm panicking.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Unusual Stars cashout...

I had a similar problem. I tried cashing out 300 and the email I got said I made a cashout of 0.00 but the money was taken from my account.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar problem. I tried cashing out 300 and the email I got said I made a cashout of 0.00 but the money was taken from my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM

no... what did support say? Get a phone number and actually talk to someone
Old 10-29-2005, 02:14 PM

On the second end, remember that Stars does cashouts in two ways. The first part is what you bought in for and is refunded immediately. Any money over that initial amount is done in another transfer that takes about a day.

Also, Neteller was momentairly down earlier today. I had a problem depositing into Paradise for thier bonus (during which Neteller's website was hosed), but the cashout processed once they came back online an hour later. What probably happened is that the initial refund went through, but then Neteller went down while the second transaction was processing. I have had that happen before, and the missing money was redeposited into my Stars account about six hours later. E-mailing support never hurts, though.

-K
Old 10-29-2005, 02:35 PM

Yeah, I know that's how their cashouts work, but usually I get an email that lists both amounts... the first amount that's going straight into Neteller, and the second amount that is under review.

Support just emailed me back and basically repeated this. Although they informed me that the $407 is the instant portion and the rest is winnings that are under review.

Only semi-troubling thing is that they still didn't confirm how much the rest of the cashout will be. But I feel better because they said, "The remainder of your cashout is in this review process and should be in your NETeller account within 48 hours."

Thanks again for good support, Stars.

Oh, and regarding the Firepay thing:

"The reason why you are offered the option of choosing Firepay for cashing out is because you can choose to do so."
Old 10-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Update: I have not received the "instant" part of the money yet. Anyone else having problems with either Stars or Neteller that might explain this?

I did get a follow up email from support telling me that the additional amount that was subject to processing was "of $1,000."

Not sure if she meant "over $1,000"... that would make sense though.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:12 PM

Apologies for bumping this again, but I just wanted to credit Stars for addressing all my concerns. Support sent me a final email that covered all my questions and I now feel silly for having any concern in the first place.

Kudos, Stars.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:03 AM

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I cashed out to Firepay and half went there. Then the other half went to a Neteller account which I do not have. I talked to support. The money that supposedly went to my phantom Neteller account was back in my stars account within the day. I cashed out again to Firepay w/out a problem.