Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-28-2005, 07:06 PM

Default A plea

Since our mods are unwilling to ban mplspoker, can't we just make a mid/high agreement to not reply to any of his posts? Everyone just keeps telling him the same thing over and over, he has clearly demonstrated that he is too dense to understand the message. There is no point in arguing with him any further. Now its just clogging threads and ruining what could have been good poker discussion.

I know the temptation to reply and argue with people who post incredibly retarded stuff can be strong (just look at the barron vunger tooth thread), but I think we would all be better off if we could agree to stop replying to him all together.

If you think Im wrong or think his posts somehow contribute to this forum, please explain. I'm sure he will immediatly reply to this thread so it will be good practice for not replying to him.

Sorry if you think this thread is unneccesarily clogging Mid/High or if you think im being hypocritical because by making this post im just giving him more attention, which is probably all he is looking for, but I felt something had to be done. If a mod thinks this thread is way out of line then go ahead and lock it I guess.

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: A plea

Ok I'm done responding to him.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:01 PM

yes, please don't respond to him. i don't know why people keep responding to him.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:11 PM

How the hell do you have 1800 views?
Old 10-28-2005, 08:17 PM

I'm in.

- Jags
Old 10-28-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird huh?
Old 10-28-2005, 08:19 PM

There have been a lot of crappy posts recently that it would probably be best if people didn't respond to. When we established mods for this forum, everyone agreed that we should be "hands off" and mostly continue to let the forum run itself. I've been doing stuff like this deleting blatant spam and locking threads like this that blantantly don't belong here. However, I haven't been willing to lock things like this that don't cross that line, but also aren't the sort of high-level discussion we have come to hope for on this forum. I think it is the job of everyone here as a community to make good posts and be mature enough not to keep bumping up the bad ones. If that can't happen, then the forum is doomed and moderation will not help.

EDIT: Looks like the second thread to which I linked here got moves to small stakes. That's fine with me; I'm just making a note of it so that no one who sees this post after that thread got moved is confused as to why I was referencing it here.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, up to 2800
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, up to 2800

[/ QUOTE ]

its some wierd glitch...after making it i watched the view count sky rocket to 1000 within the first 5 or 10 min. wierd.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:56 PM

I would guess the mods haven't banned him yet because they're a few more years removed from the world of high school cliques.

-Michael