Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Default NOOB ALERT: Two pair on 5th street, potential scary board Micro high

I'm new to Stud so I'll be checking out this section of 2p2 a lot. This hand may look simple and boring to most seasoned 7 stud players, and as a new player I would like to get some perspective from seasoned vets.

Anyway I'm playing $0.50/$1.00 fixed high

Here is a screenshot: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?p...&tp=330699

I lead out obv right? Now when PJTHED1964 calls and:

a)catches a heart, do i assume I'm beat? check/call down?
b)misses a heart, i lead out obv and keep pounding chips in til showdown?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: NOOB ALERT: Two pair on 5th street, potential scary board Micro high

It's hard to comment without knowing how the betting went on the earlier streets, and also seeing what cards have been folded. You should convert your hand history using the converter so we can see the full story.

Anyway, I'm a NOOB myself, but for what it's worth I'm folding. I think you're either a little ahead or waaaay behind.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: NOOB ALERT: Two pair on 5th street, potential scary board Micro hi

The four-color deck makes me nauseous.

More information would be good, but I think I can piece most of this together. The pot is too small. You should probably have raised on third and definitely have bet double on fourth. Give them a chance to fold. Anyway, I bet fifth. If he's a good player, he has you beaten, but there aren't a lot of good players playing $.50/1.00. If he raises, be inclined to call it down.

I have posted this on many occasions, but apparently not enough. I am very much in the habit of calling down open four-flushes with two pair. This is probably a loose player--it's certainly a loose game--there are lots of things he could have. Now if he does make a fourth heart on sixth street, I'd go into chicken-call mode unless I filled. If not, I probably bet sixth. Whether I bet the river unimproved depends on who all's left and what they're showing, but I would be somewhat inclined to bet anyway.