Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Good spot for push top two pair , OESD/flushblockers?

25$ PLO. Boring I guess, but hows it look? When this happened I didn't realize I had the OESD with it and put him on an overpair. Checkraise no good?

UTG limps. UTG+1 raises to 1.10$, 4 folds, sb calls, hero calls in BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG calls.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Check, hero checks, check, UTG+1 bets 1$, call, Hero raises to 8.40, fold, raises to 30.60$...
Old 10-16-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Good spot for push top two pair , OESD/flushblockers?

I can't fault you for check-raising (though a lot depends on the nature of the pre-flop raiser and the stacks), especially after a 1/4 pot bet. You have to make the mediocre draws pay/fold since so many two card hands dominate your draws. The vast majority of the time you're at least 50/50 here IF it goes heads up. The exception, of course, is when he pot raises back at you ...

The big question for me is what kind of hand would UTG+1 play this way with. My opinion is that he is either well ahead, or an idiot. The latter is a real possability at these limits.

Your biggest fear is a set plus a better flush draw, in which case you're beat at least 80/20. More realistically, you fear a better flush and str8 draw. A hand like 9s Tc Js Qc has you beat 65/35. Just, if not more, likely though (at these limits - on pokerstars anyway) he has a set. Against TT or 88 you're about 50/50. You have a 65/35 advantage over 44. You're also about 50/50 against AAxx suited in spades.

I'm curious if anyone folds to the re-raise against some/most/all opponents when the stacks are deep. Since I don't play deep stacked very often this is usually an easy call for me.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:37 AM

Easy call. Villain has TTxx.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:05 PM

I might lead/repot it sometimes but I shovel money in with this hand. Opp needs an absurd hand to have you in much trouble.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might lead/repot it sometimes but I shovel money in with this hand. Opp needs an absurd hand to have you in much trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 01:29 AM

Sounds good, thanks guys.

For Acorns, I was pretty sure this was a big naked pair or a big pair with paint. I had seen him raise a few hands of this type and overplay them, I really dont know if hed raise a big connecting hand, all the ones I had seen were big pairs with a paint or two.

I called pretty quick just hoping he didnt have the nut spade draw, lost small dog v. TTAK no spades. Good read Joe.