FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Showalter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And Showalter pulled his stars so they could "get a round of applause"...not for the team's benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if he pulled them so they could get home in time for "The Simpsons." His team, his choice, he's the manager, and he doesn't owe anybody else a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. As a paying customer, I want to see the best players out on the field. I know the game was essentially meaningless to the Rangers, but as for taking out your best players in the 4th inning so they could get applause? Bullshit. If you are going to do that, do it in the 7th,8th or 9th. They are going to have the next 5 months off anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Must have missed your vitriolic complaining about the other 21 teams that played a bunch of scrubs yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

LAA @ TEX Attendance: 38,334 (78% full)
BAL @ TB Attendance: 17,450 (39.9% full)

hopefully, you see my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you go to the game? I guess, if you went to the game, expecting to see the Rangers play their hardest against the Angels, you might have a complaint, as well as issues with reality. Funny, though, we haven't heard from one Ranger fan yet complaining about this travesty.

Any Ranger fans want to chime in on this one? As the real paying customer, what do you think?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:52 PM

eh, you make me mad. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

if this game was played 2 months earlier, would you have the same argument? both are regular season, division games...
Old 10-03-2005, 02:58 PM

My favorite part:

"There's a code of honor when so much is on the line," Rodriguez told the New York Daily News. "You hope people do the right thing. But you can't control what people do."

Coming from the guy who was sitting in the dugout after the 5th inning. LOL. I guess the honor is only valid when a team other than your own gives up right A-Rod? MVP baby!

Meanwhile, somehow Cashman sees this for what it really is:

"If we had won one more game, we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did," Cashman told The Times.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"If we had won one more game against the [censored] devil rays , we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did," Cashman told The Times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if this game was played 2 months earlier, would you have the same argument? both are regular season, division games...

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think August 1st would have been a bit early for the Rangers to throw in the towel. But do we get upset when Kansas City or Tampa Bay plays some young guys in June to see where they're at?

I know I'm making you mad...getting you back for the pics in the Manny thread. Funny, my ass... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think August 1st would have been a bit early for the Rangers to throw in the towel. But do we get upset when Kansas City or Tampa Bay plays some young guys in June to see where they're at?

I know I'm making you mad...getting you back for the pics in the Manny thread. Funny, my ass... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, but dood, he tripped on grass !
Old 10-03-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"There's a code of honor when so much is on the line," Rodriguez told the New York Daily News. "You hope people do the right thing. But you can't control what people do."

Coming from the guy who was sitting in the dugout after the 5th inning. LOL. I guess the honor is only valid when a team other than your own gives up right A-Rod? MVP baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

A True Yankee would never complain about the lineups other teams are playing.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A True Yankee would never complain about the lineups other teams are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, maybe Alex ragging on Texas to get them back for ragging on him after he was traded? Maybe Showalter fixed the game on purpose after he was forced out of NY? Maybe Juan Rivera hit that 3 run homer to show is middle finger to Cashman? Conspiracies, anyone?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:28 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Hmmm, maybe Alex ragging on Texas to get them back for ragging on him after he was traded? Maybe Showalter fixed the game on purpose after he was forced out of NY? Maybe Juan Rivera hit that 3 run homer to show is middle finger to Cashman? Conspiracies, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more than willing to except that Buck lobbed one up to the Angels to get back at George.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:18 PM

I think paying customers deserved to see the best yankee players on the field as well, which didn't happen since they didn't even start the guy who was supposed to pitch, saving him for the playoff game. How can they possibly complain about the other teams when they did the same thing?